X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Capital Acquisition And Management Company - Rockford Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Stockton California
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Capital Acquisition And Management Company P.O. Box 5247 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Capital Acquisition and Management Company CAMCO is fraudulently billing for a non-existent Account. Rip-off! Rockford Illinois

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I received a letter dated February 13, 2004, claiming that I owe a substantial sum of money for a Chase Bank account which was formerly held by Midland Acquisition Corp. The letter gives all outward appearance of being legitimate, and includes the name of a contact person, Shawn Carter. There is a payment stub attached to the bottom of the letter, with a place provided for credit card payment options, AND they also ask for your credit card billing address at the back of the form.

I attempted to call the company, who first hung up on me, then a young woman answered in an unintelligible manner, and I had to make her repeat the name of the company three times before I could understand what she was saying. Once I assured myself I had reached the correct place, I asked for extension 1281, which is the extension number provided for Mr. Carter in the letter. I was put through to his voice mail, which had the standard message, i.e., leave your name & number, etc...

Furthermore, the letter was sent by presorted first class mail, at a reduced postage rate of $0.29, rather than the customary $0.37 of legitimate first class mail, indicating that this was sent in large batches of more than 250 pieces.

It is difficult to believe that this company could have a sufficiently large number of bad accounts on which to collect in order to qualify for reduced postage rates. Usually this is reserved for solicitation mailings offering mortgage refinancing and such.

Joanne
Stockton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2004 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-acquisition-and-management-company/rockford-illinois-61125-0087/capital-acquisition-and-management-company-camco-is-fraudulently-billing-for-a-non-existen-80995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair