X  |  CLOSE
Report: #91971

Complaint Review: Capital Acquisitions And Management Company - Rockford Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: sugar land Texas
  • Capital Acquisitions And Management Company 303 North Main Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO Attempted rip-off and aggrivation Rockford Illinois

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I received a notice from CAMCO that I owe $500. to a company that went out of business about 15 years ago. I do remember having an account with this dept store, but I also remember going through a divorce and trying to establish my own credit at that same time. I would not have let that bill go unpaid and risk harming my credit. They also were very vague about the information they did give me. This account was never filed on any of my credit reports as being past due.

I believe that most people are honest and want to pay what they owe. So, how convenient for CAMCO to claim you owe the money but they don't have any particulars on your account except that you owe money and you should immediately give it to CAMCO.

When I called, they negotiated down to a payment of $307.73, which was then reduced by a supervisor to $200.00 . They said I was getting a savings of over $300.00 but I had to pay at this time and I could even give them a post-dated check by phone. They really tried to pressure me into settling with a check today.

I told them I would have to check out their company before I would settle anything. I am so glad this web site was here to comfirm my suspicions regarding this company. I also checked with the BBB in Rockford, IL.

I hope this helps someone else

Rita
Sugar Land, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2004 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-acquisitions-and-management-company/rockford-illinois-61125/camco-attempted-rip-off-and-aggrivation-rockford-illinois-91971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair