X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Capital Acquisitions & Management Company - Rockford Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Nashville Tennessee
  • Capital Acquisitions & Management Company 303 N Main Street Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

Capital Acquisitions & Management Company (CAMCO) ripoff Harassed by this company for $900 from an account that was paid off 10 years ago Rockford Illinois

These guys called me and treatened that they would send me jail under some new collections law that congress had recently passed. I kept on telling them I did not owe the money. They threatened me even further that if I don't cough up $900 then they will send the FBI at my house and I'll have to pay 5 times more for all the legal hasstle involved.

I had kept the receipts from when I paid off the debt so I had proof. The person who was calling then threatened me that they were going to garnish my wages if I didn't pay. All this time I was trying to explain that there was nothing to pay. He then transfered me to their adminstrator. She plainly started off my insulting me.

I know a little about collections and the rights associated with it. I threw the Fair Debt Collection Practices act into their face. She said that it recently congress had over rideen the law by passing a new one that can put me in jail for 2 years. At this point I had had enough and put down the phone. They kept on calling me every 5 minutes and left threatening messages on my voice mail.

The point of the whole matter is that these guys are plain basic rude and don't have any regard for law. After looking at this site, I'm glad I'm not the only one who'se gone through it with these guys.

They need to be shut down...please.

Sam
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2003 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-acquisitions-management-company/rockford-illinois-61125/capital-acquisitions-management-company-camco-ripoff-harassed-by-this-company-for-900-69604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content