X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Clinton Washington
  • Capital Financial Inc. 358 Highland Street Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada

Capital Financial Inc. letter stating I have won $450,000 in a USA Mega Draw, held Jan. 14th, 2008. Sydney Nova Scotia

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I received a letter from this company stating that I was a winner in the USA Mega Draw, held January 14th,2008. I had won$450,000.00 and a check in the amount of $4750.00 was included drawn from Domtar Paper Company in Fort Mill, SC. I was instructed to call a Brian Davis at 1778-889-1566. I did so and was greeted by a gentleman with an accent that sounded possibly Jamaican or South African. When he answered the phone, I could not understand what he said and when I mentioned the letter the phone disconnected. I called back and this time he brightened up and was very happy for me and reinforced to me that I will believe all this money is coming to me when I see it, as I was expressing some dubious feelings about the whole thing. (I really wanted to believe this was true!). He wanted me to call him back after I deposited the check and then I would money gram $3,550.00 to a "tax agent", also in Nova Scotia.
Well, I got on line and discovered this was a scam. Makes me ill, especially for people that go for it! I also phoned the company the check was written from and they had a recording telling people what to do. Apparently they have received many calls.
I am furious and hope this person(s) is caught. I plan to follow up with the police and have also messaged my News station. I'm also trying to contact Dateline!

Polly
Clinton, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-financial-inc/sydney-nova-scotia-b5c3t6/capital-financial-inc-letter-stating-i-have-won-450000-in-a-usa-mega-draw-held-jan-14-320955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair