X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Capital First - Miami Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Webster Groves Missouri
  • Capital First 18495 Dixie Hwy #228 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Capital First rip-off Miami Florida

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Well, my story is like all the others. I got a call this passed summer sayng that I was approved for a credit card and I actually had the sense to pass it up. Well, I was getting daily calls from the same company, so I said "Well, what can it hurt?"

Alot, actually. I went to the bank one day and... ***BOOM!!*** ... my account had been hit for $160.00! Needless to day I was shocked. I am a single mother of 3 and the money that was withdrawn from my account was suppose to go to for my weekly daycare expense. You can only imagine how embarrassed I was to have to go tell my daycare center that I was unable to pay for my daycare that week because of my stupidity.

After that, I went directly to my bank to find out what it was. After they gave me the information, I directly called the number that was provided. The customer service person that I talked to, Jesse, flat out told me that there was no way I was getting my money back. I demanded that he let me talk to his supervisors. Of course, after 15 minutes... his response was that I had to send the Intro package bank to them. The same Intro package that I NEVER RECEIVED!! He told me they were mailing me a second package and after I received it to call the company back.

Well, I called my back the next morning to dispute the transaction. Which didn't help anyway because I was suppose to receive an affidavit and never did. But, that is a whole other story.

The day I finally received the package I called the company back and got their address. I overnighted the package to ensure that it was actually received Well, after I got confirmation that the package was received... I started calling the company everyday! Everytime I asked about my refund and they told me it was being processed. Everytime.. I told them I would call them the next day to check on it. And I did, that is, up until about a month ago. That was when the number just rang busy. I got the feeling that I had gotten ripped off. So that was what lead me here.

I am taking the advice that I have found here and seeing if I can still recover my money. A valuable lesson was learned... just two days ago, I told a woman who called to offer me a credit card - but all I had to do was pay $249.00 over the next two months - that she can keep her card and don't call me again.

I'm pretty sure that I will never see my money again but atleast I learned... never give out my checking or savings account numbers to anyone. Good luck to all of those who have had to endure they too.

Michelle
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2002 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-first/miami-florida/capital-first-rip-off-miami-florida-39395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How To Combat ACH Fraud

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, December 28, 2002
With the rise in automated clearing house (ACH) transactions comes a rise in associated fraud. A person only needs your banks ABA code and your checking account number (both readily seen on your personal checks) to initiate a fraudulent transaction.

Fortunately, there is a way to fight this. If you notify your bank within 48 hours of the withdrawal and contest the transaction you'll almost certainly get your money back. The bank will have to produce SIGNATURE authorization that you signed to allow the transaction. Verbal telephone authorizations are NON-ENFORCABLE even if the scam artist says they have a recording of you giving them your account numbers.

Of course, not everyone maintains a regular watch over their account balances, so what I recommend is going to your bank and demanding that they place a block on your account so that no ACH withdrawal transactions may be processed against it. Insist that you only want good old regular check processing for any withdrawals. ACH deposits are OK (direct deposit).

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair