X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Capital One - McLean Virginia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Shreveport Louisiana
  • Capital One 1680 Capital One Drive McLean, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 703-7201000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Capital One closes CC account but keeps credit available and sends statements. 2 Years Trying to Close Permanently. McLean Virginia

*Author of original report: Update on Capital One not closing credit card

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Credit Card activity ceased in September 2006. Made last payment in October 2006 along with request to close account.

Was told that the account had to remain open for 30 days without any activity and then they would close.

Called back in November 2006 requesting to close. They said that a charge appeared on my statement. I forgot that I had an old web host that was still charging. I changed the card associated with the Capital One credit card and waited another 30 days. In fact I didn't call them back until March of 2007.

I called and verified that no other activity happened on the card and again requested that they close the account. They said it was now closed and that I wouldn't receive any more statements.

I have received statements every month since. Every other month I call Capital One to ask why am I receiving statements still if the account is closed. I am told that I shouldn't be receiving anything since the account is closed. However, every month I receive a statement along with a blank check to write a withdrawal from the account, which is a scary thought.

Anyway, I'm still working on getting Capital One to close (for real) the account. So to everyone, enjoy "what's in your wallet" until you try and close the account.

Robert
Shreveport, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-one/mclean-virginia-22102/capital-one-closes-cc-account-but-keeps-credit-available-and-sends-statements-2-years-try-399080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update on Capital One not closing credit card

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, December 08, 2008

In fairness to Capital One, I'm reporting my phone conversation with them at the Virginia branch. (I assume since that's where I called versus calling the credit card center for Capital One)

I was told that there was a dispute on the card for all this time that was finally resolved on Nov 5th 2008 and that I should not receive any further statements. The dispute was on their end due to an issue where they put a credit on my account, months after the account was requested to be closed. We reported the discrepancy and they said they would investigate the issue. This was over a year and a half ago.

Who knew it would take so long to investigate. Or did it?
I believe it was long forgotten and someone recently began cleaning up some of these outstanding issues.

So, I'll see next month whether I receive another statement.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair