X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Capital One - Richmond Virginia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Fort Gratiot MI
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Capital One Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I paid of and close my Capital One card 6 months ago with 0.00.
Balance and Never Used my card After That.

Six months latter I received Letter that they can not dispute a charge that was posted on my account in December 2000 and finally disputed in May 2001.

And that do you think was amount of charges that was posted on my account after this Six Months
You right!
Amount of my credit limit.

After conversation with customer service representative I send Priority Mail letter with original documentation and explanation regarding this meter: Delivery Confirmation Number 0300 1290 1381 8405 ..According this confirmation letter was delivered on 02.04.2002 to Capital One.

Five days later I called to customer service and speak with manager. He said that they not have any indication receiving my letter , that my account was transferred to another department and give me a number of collection agency.

( I just read reports on your site from other people who had same experience)

Martha
Miami, Florida

/Credit-Debt-Services/CAPITAL-ONE/capital-one-transfer-former-ch-2C55B.htm

Stephanie
Las Vegas, Nevada

And this is just people who submit to your site.
I think BBB can be interested about that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-one/richmond-virginia-23276/can-you-trust-capital-one-no-big-rip-off-nightmare-update-fraud-from-capital-on-13723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Mail Fraud or What?

AUTHOR: Ed - ()

POSTED: Wednesday, June 26, 2002

As an attorney, I feel drawn by your call for counselor's help against this powerful company. However, the information in your email is not sufficient to answer intelligently.

The law it appears that would cover your situation is the Fair Credit Billing Practices Act. Under that law, you have 60 days after you receive your bill with the error, to contest the charge - in writing.

A fraud is causing damage to someone through a false representation upon which they rely. Here, it appears that you made the transaction, and then canceled it. With whom did you cancel the transaction?

Also, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, if you contest a charge in writing, the reporting company is supposed to refrain from reporting the contested charge.

Mail Fraud or What?

AUTHOR: Ed - ()

POSTED: Wednesday, June 26, 2002

#3 0

Is this a Mail Fraud?

POSTED: Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Transaction for cancelled airline ticket (cancellation fee was paid and posted on my account) still posted on account as valid for 2 years.
Airline have no records about me in the system of purchasing and flying this flight.

Capital One making me responsible for payment on this transaction and reporting my delinquency to over credit institution.

Paying this amount is not solving problem with cleaning my credit report.

Legal counselors please advise.

#2 0

Is this a Mail Fraud from Capital One?

POSTED: Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Is this a Mail Fraud?

Transaction for cancelled airline ticket (caselation fee was paid and posted on my account) still posted on account as valid for 2 years.

Airline have no records about me in there system of purchasing and flying this flight.

Paying this amount is not solving problem with cleaning my credit report.

Legal counselors please advise.

#1 0

update

AUTHOR: - ()

POSTED: Tuesday, February 26, 2002

Capital one is tring to solve this issue? .. we will see...

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair