X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Capital One - Richmond Virginia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: white lake mi
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Capital One Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Capital One ripoff dishonest ripoff business from hell Richmond Virginia

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I received a Capital One Credit Card. I decided I did not need the one they sent to me so I went to cancel this card. (I never used the card)I sent them the copy of the "fee" bill they sent per their instructions to put my "wish to cancel" in writing and send to them. I had so many days to do this and the $59.00 fee would be waived. So I did this. That very day of receiving this fee, bill. Almost one month later I receive a letter from a D. Rohr-cliffe, Customer Relations, basically stating the they received my request and this is now forwarded to the "appropriate department" and someone will contact me to discuss closing my account. And if they can't reach me by phone they will send me another letter. Why? close the bloody account. So I inturn sent them a letter again stating my wish for the #$%^&& account to be closed and that I see no need to call me about it nor should they need to send me another letter, as I felt that they were just going to string this out and out until my days were up and attempt to extort the $59.00 from me. This was three days ago. Today I got another "bill"/"fee" in the mail from them adding an additional 29.00 as a late fee. They just do not get it. I put a call in and finally got a person on the phone but I was so blasted Pissed off I started the conversation with an apology for my up comming behavior, and proceeded to again tell this story followed by a slam of my phone. I feel my credit is going to be effected by these people and it took me a great number of years to build it back up to great Cara White Lake, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2002 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-one/richmond-virginia-23285-5617/capital-one-ripoff-dishonest-ripoff-business-from-hell-richmond-virginia-23589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#3 0

Cancelled Card, Capital One

AUTHOR: - ()

POSTED: Monday, July 01, 2002

I called Capital One and finally was able to get to a human to speak with. I went off at this customer service rep. And told them I had contacted my attorney. Today I received a notice dated june 20, 2002. Stating that "Per your request we have designated the above account to be closed WHEN it reflects a ZERO balance. Blah blah blah...... Again I called and I am happy to report that I stayed very calm and requested a Manager, I was able to speak with a nice young fellow by the name of Ezelle #8V88 (to anyone with the same problems get to this guy)He stated that all charges were removed from my account and this will be reflected via mail to me. I asked that HE write me a letter stating this and the this letter must contain that my credit will not be damaged because of this situation that they caused. This was agreed upon. We will see if this does indeed happen.

I find it very sad that things like this are happening. And I am even embarrassed to say that I come from the Great state of Virginia where this crap of an institution is located.

To the gentleman that wrote in yes wings are great, (even though I am not a hockey fan) and I hope your wife credit was rectified. YOU DO NOT GET MORE BEES WITH HONEY YOU WILL GET STUNG, USE VINEGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cancelled Card

AUTHOR: Ed - ()

POSTED: Thursday, June 27, 2002

Cara-

Congratulations on the Red Wings! (Go Avs!!!)

My wife received a Cap One card she did not want, never activated it, and never used it. Same thing happened as with you. It took months to get them to clear her account, with a late fee added each month.

A few months later, I got her credit report, and Capital One had her listed as a 90-day late pay.

Did Cap One ever send you a Customer Agreement? If so, did it include an arbitration provision? If so, did the Customer Agreement include a provision saying you may cancel your account if you do not use it, and return your card(s) within 30 days?

Cancelled Card

AUTHOR: Ed - ()

POSTED: Thursday, June 27, 2002

Cara-

Congratulations on the Red Wings! (Go Avs!!!)

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair