X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Capitec Offshore Banking; Barrister Kenechi Ajah; Mr. Andy Mark - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Eugene Oregon
  • Capitec Offshore Banking; Barrister Kenechi Ajah; Mr. Andy Mark Kenechiajah@yahoo.com Nationwide United Kingdom

Capitec Offshore Banking; Barrister Kenechi Ajah; Rip-Off I was informed that as a winner of SunSweetWin Promo lottery, I had 2.5 million being held in an offshore account. I was directed to Barrister Kenechi Ajah for documentation. United Kingdon

*Author of original report: Nigerian lottery scam extended

*UPDATE Employee: PLS REMOVE THIS FROM THE SITE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I was first notified by a Mr. Joe Okoh that I was a winner of a sweepstakes named SunSweetWin Promo. Lottery. Then I was informed by the customer service from Capitec Offshore Bank that I had a domicillary account with a balance of $2.5 Million. They directed me to Barrister Kenechi Ajah for further documentation.
I emailed the barrister at kenechiajah@yahoo.com and he quickly responded. He stated that I needed to purchase a Stamp Duty Document and a GID Clearance which he quoted in "pounds sterling silver".

I was not able to come up with all of the fees, so he agreed to cover the remaining balance if I would reimburse him after I received my winnings. I sent him $500 thru Western Union to London, England with the receiving name of Michael Walter.

I then received an email from customer care dept. at Capitec online banking stating that the barrister had processed the stamp duty and GID clearance, but that he had not endorsed them. They asked me to contact him again and implore him to do this.

When Barrister Kenechi Ajah contacted me again, both by email and by phone, he claimed that I needed to pay another fee for endorsement.

When I told him that I had no more money, he no longer wanted to speak to me.

Marie
Eugene, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2004 11:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capitec-offshore-banking-barrister-kenechi-ajah-mr-andy-mark/nationwide/capitec-offshore-banking-barrister-kenechi-ajah-rip-off-i-was-informed-that-as-a-winner-110975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Nigerian lottery scam extended

AUTHOR: Marie - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, October 22, 2004
After reporting this scam, I received a rebuttal. The rebuttal was from a man claiming to have won money thru the same process from which I was involved. This made me apprehensive to whether it was a scam or not, so I did a little bit of investigating. I was amazed to find the large amount of scams originating from Nigeria, which are designated as a 419 scam by the EFCC.

I was contacted by another man named Mr. Ali Hassan. He claimed to be representing the Central Nigerian Bank (CBN) He also claimed that he was aware of the misrepresentation from Barrister Kenechi Ajah which resulted in an irregularity in my account. He said that he would report the barrister to the authorities and would assist me with documentation needed for a funds transfer. He proceeded to call me by phone several times in the early morning.

He reverted back to the original scam by telling me that I needed to send $670.00 via Western Union for postage, handling, and insurance on documentation needed for endorsment. He claimed that it was merely my trust that was hindering me from receiving my supposed winnings.
I have emailed several banks and authorities for confirmation of this supposed account. I have also enquired about the individuals that have been in contact with me, asking for verification of their employment within the establishments. I have received no response or verification.

PLS REMOVE THIS FROM THE SITE

AUTHOR: STEVEN - (United Kingdom)

POSTED: Thursday, October 21, 2004
TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN
IT HAS COME TO OUR NOTICE OF AN ADVERT PLACED REGARDS TO OUR BANK.
YOU PASTE THIS VIA THE NET WITHOUT CONTACTING US TO VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE CLAIM.
THE PERSON IN QUESTION WAS DISCOVERED TO HAVE A BAD INTENTION OF CLAIMING A LOTTERY WINNING THAT HE DID NOT PARTCIPATE,WE EXPECTED THAT YOU WRITE US PIORIER TO MAKING THIS AL OVER THE NET.
WE ADVISE THAT YOU USE YOUR GOOD OFFICE TO VERIFY ENVENT BEFORE SUBJECTING IT INTERNET.
WE HAVE WRITTEN THE INTERNAT PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATION AND WILL TAKE A LEGAL ACTION AGINST YOUR ORGANIZATION IF THIS ADVERT IS NOT REMOVED WITHIN 48HRS.
YOU CAN CALL ME FOR DETAILS CONCERNING THE LADY.WE ALREDAY REPORTED THIS CASE TO THE APPROPRATE AUTHORITY
THANKS

INFO I WON A LOTTERY

AUTHOR: CHRISTOPHER - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, October 04, 2004
I WON A LOTTERY THROUGH INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY SERVICE AND WAS REFER TO CAPITEC BANK.
I THOUGHT IT WAS PART OF FRAUD BUT WAS SURPRISED TO RECIEVE A TRANSFER OF ONE MILLION POUNDS STERLING FROM THE BANK.
I SAW THE REPORT FROM MARIE AND WAS SURPRISED BECAUSE THIS SAME BANK SETTLE THE FUND TO ME.
I MAINTAINED THE ACCOUNT WITH THE BANK BUT ONLY FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS.
I DONT KNOW WHETHER TO WITHDRAW FROM THE ACCOUNT NOW THAT THE BANK IS HAVING PROBLEM.
I DONT BELEIVE THE MAIL FROM MARIE

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair