X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: CAREER NETWORK - Orlando Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Cape Coral Florida
  • CAREER NETWORK PO Box 618305 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

This is a information gathering network! No one is going to get a job from them, (If someone does pleeeeeeessssseeee let us know) They ask for 3 to 5 references and ask for their e-mail. If you don't fill in the e-mail slots you can't go any further in the application process! What a hoax. I don't ever recall companies I worked for or applied with asking for e-mails (except my own)! These folks need to be stopped and now. It's hard enough looking for work these days, We can't afford to waste our time on this crap.
They 'otta be ashamed as grandma used to say.

Let's get 'em
PM

Phillip
Cape Coral, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2008 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/career-network/orlando-florida-32861/career-network-references-e-mails-orlando-florida-365977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Please allow me to clear up the issue

AUTHOR: Career Network - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I'm sorry that you feel our recruitment practices are not meeting your needs. I'm sure this is only due to a misunderstanding of us and our business. Allow me to clear up any confusion by explaining who we are and what it is we exactly do.

Career Network is a new job board that is free to use by both job seekers and employers. Currently, there are thousands of jobs throughout the country available for application on our network of employment sites. We actively market those opportunities to individuals who have previously expressed interest in receiving employment offers. This works as a benefit for our corporate clients as we actively reach hundreds of potential applicants who had not previously been introduced to the opportunity through traditional job ads.

To keep our services free to both job seekers and employers we do offer advertising verticals on the site. However they are completely voluntary and do not in any way affect job seekers' consideration for the listed employment opportunities. We act only as an intermediary between the applicants and the hiring companies, and do not interfere with the delivery of submitted resumes for any reason. To do so would jeopardize our relationships not only with our corporate clients but our advertising partners as well.

Once those resumes are delivered, the rest of the process is solely in the hand of the employer. The decision to hire, not hire, contact, etc. is theirs alone. If they receive a large amount of resumes, they may require extra time to respond to the applicants who did not make the cut. From personal experience, I have received that letter as long as six months after I applied for a position.

The references section was created at the request of several of our corporate clients who wanted that information included in the resume file we send to them. References are not typically included on a resume, and our clients feel that having them upfront will speed up the hiring process on their end. We only offer the service as an add on feature to clients, one they specifically have to request. However, so many clients are requesting it, that it has almost become standard.

Furthermore, let me assure you that nothing will be done with your personal information that you do not expressly authorize. Foremost, since you are applying for a position, your resume will be transmitted to the employer who will then consider you for a job based solely on your skills and education. Beyond that, we will only connect you with our promotional partners if you agree to it during the application process.

I hope this clears up any confusion you may have regarding our Web site and our recruitment services. Please feel free to contact us with any further issues or suggestions at info@careernetwork.us.com.

Thanks for this report..

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, August 23, 2008
Thank you to each of you who posted your complaints. I have seen them multiple times (sometimes the only new posting showing) and even went so far as to reply with my information. My experience is an exact replica of the ones mentioned in this site. My mailbox (email and postal) has been overwhelmed with 'online schools' and other 'degree programs' that have never been heard of. However, I have not had any response regarding a job. They are a scam.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair