X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: CarHop - Blaine Minnesota

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: brooklyn park Minnesota
  • CarHop 10061 Hwy 65 NE Blaine, Minnesota U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I purchased a 1997 Dodge Intrepid in Late February of 2005. When I purchased the vehicle they told me that their mechanics look over all the vehicles and fix and repair anything that is needed to any of their cars they sell. The first week I got the car home it had stalled 2 different times. One I was on the highway late at night and thankful enough a cop stopped and asked me if I needed help. I had to call a tow truck to tow the vehicle back to my home until I could call the service department and get the vehicle in for repairs. THe following day I called the warranty department and reported what had happened. They told me I needed to get the vehicle in to one of their particular servicing areas. Then again I had to have it towed. At first they said that they were not going to pay for the towing until I complaint enough. I tried to explain to the service rep. that it was not fair that I had to pay for towing the night before, when they said they had checked all their vehicles out. Well after all this had happened all repirs were made, but then the power steering pump started to go, they said that this was not under warranty. I could not afford to fix this at the time. Then back in Oct, Nov I took this into a shop to have them find out exactly what was wrong with the vehicle, the gentleman that did the diagnostic test had told me never by a dodge intrepid again and exspecially from car hop. He said he has seen many problems like this in the intrepids and new people that used carhop. He then told me the bad news, the power steering hose and pump and not only that but the rack and pinions and the engine was dropped and ready to go. If Carhop checked this vehicle out before putting it on their lot to sell then they would have known that their were all these problems. I was informed by the gentleman who had looked at my vehicle who is a licsened mechanic that there was no way that all these problems just occured to the vehicle. Not only that the finance company still wanted me to pay my monthly payments on to of me having to put over a $1000.00 in to the vehicle too. There was no way I could do both so I had to let them come and take the vehicle back. Now this affects me because I payed $6500.00 for this car and they say they only sold the vehicle for less than $1000.00 dollars. Something is definately wrong here. I even tried contacting the CarHop in Blaine Minnesota and everytime I called I get call back when the Manager is in. I gave up calling because I never could get the Manager to discuss this.

What a rip off I would never recommend this company to any one again.

Karen
brooklyn park, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2006 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carhop/blaine-minnesota-55434/carhop-ripoff-blaine-minnesota-175484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

CarHop has perfect record of handling customer complaints (when we know who it is!)

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, March 16, 2006
Although we appreciate Karen's concerns, CarHop did not sell a Dodge Intrepid in the Blaine store in February 2005. We have a perfect record of resolving consumer complaints when we know who is complaining, so if Karen could call the store and ask that a regional manager give her a call back, we would be more than happy to address her concerns.

Get on the same page

AUTHOR: Nate - (U.S.A.)

Pete,

Karen is saying that the dealership reposessed the car and then sold it for less than $1000. This is because many dealers will wholesale or auction a reposessed car that is not fit to be resold. It also means that Karen is on the hook for the difference between what the car resold for and what she still owes on the loan.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Did You Learn Something?

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, February 11, 2006
Karen:

What did you learn from this?

Never, ever buy a used car unless and until YOU have a mechanic you paid to check the car over.
This applies to any used car you are attempting to buy from ANY dealership.

If the dealership will not allow you to take this car to YOUR MECHANIC...WALK OUT!

If YOUR MECHANIC finds something which needs repair, DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT buy the car UNTIL the repairs are made. If they want your business, they will fix the car BEFORE you buy it.

Karen, this is an EXCELLENT website for ALL of us to learn from. Many people conduct themselves as doormats and then cry and whine they got conned. Don't let that happen to you!

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair