X  |  CLOSE
Report: #191787

Complaint Review: Carlene Morgan - Bruno Ubake - Brusbaker Kennels - Melly Morgan - North Miami Beach Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Manchester New Hampshire
  • Carlene Morgan - Bruno Ubake - Brusbaker Kennels - Melly Morgan 16392 W.Dixie HWY North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Carlene Morgan - Bruno Ubaker - Brusbaker Kennels - Melly Morgan puppyscam Neopolitan Mastiff named Cucci bought but not recieved ripoff North Miami Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: PLEASE CONTACT PAYPAL! ASK FOR YOUR MONEY!

Carlene told me they would only accept money orders, or Western Union. I paid thru Western Union, and gave them the TCN number. I hadn't heard from them after that (the money was there around noon time). So I got worried, and went searching on the internet, and found there was a rip off report against Carlene Morgan, in Miami Florida (the same place I was told to send my money).

I waited until 5pm, then around 6pm I decided to call Western Union to ask them if I could cancel the order(I did lose the transaction fee of $69.00). Amazingly I got a phone call immediately after I did that asking why I did that. Carlene Or Bruno, or Melly said they didn't collect the money because they hadn't confirmed the air flight. I sent them the scam report thru email. He guaranteed that he would ship the puppy right then, once I sent money thru Western Union again. I said I didn't feel confident doing that.

He then said that someone was falsely trying to hurt his kennel's name. He had every story in the book. He said his he wouldn't do a scam; it wouldn't look good for his workers or wife. I still wasn't convinced. So he called me the next day at work for the money. I said okay if you let me use Paypal, at least I would have some kind of security. He said yes but that will take 7 to 9 days to clear the bank.

I waited about 10 days, and wrote an email saying that the check should had cleared the bank by now for $850.00 (this was for the dog & shipping included!!). He said I'm just waiting for the flight times.(this was on last Friday) He said I should have Cucci on Tuesday. Yesterday, Monday, I wrote to him asking about the flight times. He said he would have them before noon time today. Yes, to no avail I called him around 11:45AM, and got this new story:

Now he claims I must give him $400.00 for flight insurance, or I won't get the puppy. I waited almost two weeks after paying thru paypal, and he had 5 days to prepare for this. I can't believe he wants more money. He is a terrible salesman. I wouldn't expect extra money after you agreed on a set ammount.

I asked him to please put the money back into my paypal account, and to cancel the puppy order. He said I should see it in my account. I seriously doubt I'll ever see a cent of it. This has been going on for about three weeks now.

I have many emails from him if you're interested in seeing them.

These people from the "Brusbaker kennels" is making a living off of scamming people who are so hopeful to get a new loving puppy.

Margaret
Manchester, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2006 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carlene-morgan-bruno-ubake-brusbaker-kennels-melly-morgan/north-miami-beach-florida-33160/carlene-morgan-bruno-ubaker-brusbaker-kennels-melly-morgan-puppyscam-neopolitan-mast-191787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

PLEASE CONTACT PAYPAL! ASK FOR YOUR MONEY!

AUTHOR: Ann - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, August 05, 2006
Hurry before it's too late. I'm not sure if Paypal has any time limit but I'd rush to get your money back into your account. This sounds like a definite scam...Have you googled the address and other things? Do they come up as an actual business? They may not even be at the location they say they are...RESEARCH!! Your first instincts were probaby right...The fact that he asked for $400 for flight insurance is a definite scam...I've insured dogs that have flown and it cost me $10 or less---a percentage of what the value of the dog was...say a $650 dog would be $6.50 to insure for the $650 amount. I'm not totally sure of the percentage but that gives you an idea. There is something very fishy about all this...have you done a reverse search to find out who their phone number belongs to?

If all else fails, contact the sheriff in their county, file a report with the FBI for online fraud, call the district attorney, etc. RAISE SOME HELL! If they are located within the US, you might have recourse...however if this is truly a Nigerian scam, BEWARE! Do they have a website?? You can do a whois report on them by typing in www(dot)networksolutions(dot)com(slash)whois(slash) If I type the actual address it may not be posted on this site due to their rules. It might have their administrative contact and you can find out by their IP address if they are located within the country or not. I'm not a computer whiz but I have done some sleuthing.

Keep us posted because I cannot stand scammers!! Also, the photo they gave you may be a stolen one. Don't feel bad for the puppy! He probably doesn't belong to the "seller"--no matter what he tells you don't send any more money. A scammer told a friend that he needed more money (after she paid him in full for the dog) because the dog was "in cargo" and its health certificate expired and he had to get a new one. She didn't know any different and sent him money through moneygram. She never received her dog. Just don't believe their stories. Sounds like a Nigerian/Cameroon scam to me.