X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Carmax - Irvine California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Corona California
  • Carmax 9501 Research Drive Irvine, California U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I bought a car from Carmax In March, a convertible beetle. I was told how GREAT their 125 point inspection was. I was sold a "bumper to bumper" extended warranty only to find out it was not at all a bumper to bumper warranty. Nothing on the top was covered by this warranty. I took it to a VW dealer to find out about the repair and I was told it couldn't be repaired, it had to be replaced unfortunately. I took it to an upholstery shop and was told the same thing. CANNOT BE REPAIRED. I called Carmax and let them know everything. I was called back finally a week later and was told they took the car to an upholstery shop and were told it had to be replaced as well. So they take my car and call me in another week to tell me my car is done. But it had been "repaired" and not replaced.

So now I am stuck with this bad top once again. I told them I no longer want the car because had I known about the top in the first place I would not have purchased the car. I was mislead and lied to about this 125 point inspection. Had they actually inspected the car they would have found that the back window had no adhesive holding the window in. Now they are telling me I can trade the car in but they will not give me what I paid for the car because it has depreciated since I bought 2 1/2 months ago. Wow. I would love to talk to someone about this. Anyone with some suggestions for legal action would be great.

Debra c
Corona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2009 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carmax/irvine-california-92618/carmax-sold-me-a-convertible-car-with-a-bad-top-no-adhesive-on-the-back-window-irvine-ca-459996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#6 General Comment

Did I strike a nerve?

AUTHOR: Booninatorhater - (USA)

POSTED: Sunday, November 01, 2009
Well now, Mr. Booninator. Did I strike a nerve? This just confirms that you should consider therapy. Unlike you, I have a life and I do not have time to continue this banter with someone that is out of his league in intelligence and debating capabilities. So, this will be my last post addressed directly to you. After reading your obliviously emotionally driven reply, I realized that you do not have the character nor the intelligence to take advice or accept constructive criticism. And anyone that would think for a moment, that they are communicated with someone with intellect would be kidding themselves and would be wasting their time, as well as, the time of the good people that read this. For therapeutic reasons only, you need to continue working at your job or jobs as you shared within one of your replies. This will allow you the ability to afford the internet connection that provides you the means to vent your frustrations and to communicate your so well written replies. You do have an amazing ability to show everyone how intelligent you really are. For the record you have never outed me as a liar in any post. Dont humor yourself in believing that you know anything about who I am. Obviously you dont have a clue. And to prove it, in one response you refer to me as a man and then in this reply I am now a stay at home housewife to a retail sales rep. That was a humorous statement to say the least. As for me being a pathetic shopper when it comes to buying cars. How many cars have you purchased on your good job income? Oh, wait a minute, you need a second job waiting tables and being a bar tender to make more money. This would imply that you really dont have a good job. As for me, not that it really matters but, my career has allowed me to purchase 37 cars a 6 motorcycles. Not that you could relate to this but, I didnt want you to miss it, so I would like to point out the word career you pathetic excuse for a man. I hope someday you can accomplish the same and then you may have the knowledge of being able to contribute a worthwhile response based on actual experience instead of hiding behind a screen name and providing your juvenile replies on this website. As for your comment you suck as a person, in using your own words, you got me. I am sure you will not have the self control to not respond to this post and will once again grace us with your overwhelming knowledge and rhetoric. I wish you all the best and I hope I didnt use words that were too big for you to understand.

#5 General Comment

The retard strikes again

POSTED: Sunday, October 25, 2009
Well you are entirely right! Except that you are 100% wrong. First thing, I am not here to make other people feel better. If they are being idiots then I have no problem telling them so. For instance, you are an idiot... see how easy that is. As for your piss-poor psychological examination of me, I left Carmax of my own accord. I graduated college and got a good job, and even though you're a stay at home housewife to a retail sales rep, believe it or not I do not sell cellphone contracts. So, try once to pigeon hole me. I'm sure you have something super intelligent to say, atleast you think its intelligent. But you are still skirting the issue that I outed you as a liar on your first thread. So here is the truth in the matter. You are the type of person that has to lie and wave their hands in the air to get all the attention the can. You thrive on what other people think of you and by trashing me you imagine there is someone somewhere giving you props for doing so. You imagine someone sitting at a computer screen reading your crap responses and nodding their heads saying "wow, how smart... what an intelligent person". The truth is, you're a retard. You're a pathetic shopper when it comes to buying cars and you suck as a person.

#4

The Booninator strikes again.

AUTHOR: Booninatorhater - (USA)

POSTED: Monday, September 21, 2009

Why do you want to know anything about what was really done to this car? All you do is sling insults and play devils advocate. You truly need to target this aggression in a more productive direction or just get a life and stop worrying about what happens on this site. Obviously you have more invested in your relationship with Carmax than you admit to or say you do. If not, then you may want to consider seeking professional help. You have spoken about fairies and the waving of magic wands in some of your rebuttals so you truly have some issues. Dont you have any compassion for people who believe they have been taken advantage of? Why do these reports make you so cynical?

These people have suffered enough even if you dont believe what they say. They come here trying to do what they feel is in the best interest of the general population. It makes them feel better to think that they may help someone not experience the same issue they have. They may also be looking for moral support from other people who have had the same experience. Who are you to deny them of the peace of mind that they seek? I feel sorry for the people that are confronted by the wrath of the Booninator and feel that they must try and justify themselves again to you. I hope people start to ignore your rebuttals. I am truly sorry that you do not have anything better to do and feel that you need to take out your personal frustration on the vulnerable people of the Ripoff Report World. Sorry Boony, but I strongly suggest that you stick to waiting tables at your restaurant and keep selling your cell phone contracts for your telecommunications company, or whatever you really do, and leave these poor people to deal with their problems on their own.

If are curious as to why I even care about what you think, it is because this is what I do, I care for and about people with obvious problems. Though I usually would charge for a personal psychological evaluation, I feel the need to share my opinion of your responses in the hope that you may seek help. It seems to me in my un professional opinion that you may have been rejected or fired by Carmax and this is the only way you feel you can still be a part of the team that you can no longer be a part of. It is truly amazing how the human mind works while trying to deal with rejection and/or our own inadequacies. It is our nature to attempt to hold on to something or someone that we feel we are losing or have lost. Hence, the term for the take away close taught and used in many selling arenas from car sales to insurance sales. We do the same thing with things we keep for sentimental reasons or significant others that we have lost that are now friends with benefits. As you have already shown within your rebuttals you may be suffering from low self-esteem and in turn put people down to make yourself feel better. Please for the sake of the people on this site get some help. FYI - there is No charge for my personal evaluation nor my un professional opinion. And just to add some humor the MaxCare warranty wouldnt have covered it either. Even if its intent is to attempt to make right what is wrong. I wish you tried to help these people with the same passion that you believe that Carmax has created this wonderful car buying experience.

#3

Bravo!

POSTED: Monday, August 31, 2009
Its apparent that you have taken offense because I outed you as a liar on your original thread. Unfortunately you just cant seem to get your facts straight. I have defended the service department of Carmax, as I have defended the purchasing department, and sales in fact. So for you to accuse me on other threads of only defending mechanics because I am a crooked mechanic is crazy. Ive already stated to have worked for Carmax when I was in College, and I worked in their purchasing department. Don't cry, princess. One day the magical ripoff fairy will come and make all the bad go away. It will be very easy because clearly, your ripoff was a mild orchestration invented inside your head. Keep up the good work sweetie, you'll make a great fiction writer one day. Maybe you can wear your daddy's TV News shirt when the fairy comes to make sure that she waves her wand correctly and efficiently

Boon, Give It Up

AUTHOR: Chiliheadwizard - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, August 03, 2009
I found a load of posts made by you and almost all of them are in defense of Carmax, right or wrong. Most of your posts I found are in defense of their maintenance shops and disagreements over bad parts. You tried to make me out like some poor confused old lady with the same attitude the mechanics showed me multiple times in their maintenance shop. After visiting this site, it has become obvious that I am not alone in my complaints. What makes me respond to this post is your comment:

"But this is why Carmax has a warranty and customer service setup like it does, to attempt to make right what is wrong. "

My issue in another thread was over a part that was under warranty. I gave them multiple times to right what was wrong. It took a TV news T-shirt to make them behave themselves. Never since then has a mechanic at other businesses ever mistreated me (ex - Firestone) and I never needed a TV news shirt to make other shops behave themselves.

Even at that, I kept quiet about it for about ten years. I brushed it off as a few bad apples from one mechanic shop a long time ago because I actually still like Carmax. Then I saw that the same old problem has continued not only where I had my experience but also across the country, thanks to this site.

Now I see a "waiter" with an attitude getting huffy at the complaints against Carmax and especially against those complaining about the mechanics there. For a "waiter," you seem unusually defensive of CarMax and their crooked maintenance department.

You're nuts

POSTED: Tuesday, June 09, 2009
How do you suspect that this incredible dream inspection would have showed that there wasn't ample adhesive on the window? Or are you just making this up to make your story sound better? I would be in your corner if you weren't throwing out ridiculous allegations that they didn't inspect the car, AND IF THEY HAD THEY WOULD HAVE SEEN!!! No, you can only see so much. You cannot tear a car down to nuts and bolts, it would not make sense and would not be cost effective. But this is why Carmax has a warranty and customer service setup like it does, to attempt to make right what is wrong. There would be absolutely no way of seeing if the adhesive was going to hold or not unless the window was coming out already. Think about these things before you start making ludicrous judgments of other peoples' work. And I'm sure you were the type of customer when one thing goes wrong to declare that you want a whole new car. Wouldn't that be nice if it just rained cars from the sky and we could just replace them willy-nilly. Well it doesn't and we can't.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair