X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Unsatisfied Customer — grover NC United States
  • carolinas exteriors 220 Stoney Knoll Road Mill Spring, NC United States

carolinas exteriors Perry 220 Stoney knoll road Mill spring, NC, 28756 Took $3500 cash to replace roof on my house. He used mis matched shingles from other houses and replaced 2 out of 9 boots. Left house with major leak that flooded master bathroom. Mill Spring NC

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I needed a new roof on a rental property I have. Being a single mother I did not know of who to go to so found a bidding site where professionals bid against each other  fir the job. I landed with Carolinas Exteriors based out of Mill Spring, NC who bidder a total of $3500 cash ($500 less than the other 2 companies). In his quote he was to remove the old shingles and replace with new ones, also changing out all the boots to the exhaust outlets.

2 weeks late starting the job ...he comes out with one other helper and removed the shingles right down to the bare wooden roof panels. He then put the tar paper and left for two days. The tar paper half blew off and exposed my roof to non stop rain ( the week prior to Christmas). I had water damage inside the structure and the master bathroom flooded. After calling him ...he came back out too complete the job. The tenants said that he arrived with a trailer full of loose non packaged shingles ( left over material from his previous jobs) and started putting them on the roof.

After the job was done I went up on the roof to find at least 3 different shades /colors of shingle with different brands. The roof looks absolutely terrible and is mis matched and patched. He also never replaced any of the boots ( as stated) on the roof. The business owner came up with excuse after excuse why it is like that, trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I am a single female who feels I was taken advantage of. After numerous text messages trying to resolve the issue, he said it is what it is and would not refund or compensate me for anything.

I have all his texts and his bid of $3500 CASH. This man and company rates theirselves as professional. Thumbtack is the agency he bids with and the agency allows you to enter references about them. After research I know of 3 customers who gave him 1 star and a bad review -these were deleted from his profile so all customers see is 5 star reviews on this guy. I would love to be compensated my $3500 , but most of all -I want to get word out there of his work so he does not do this to more people! Putting used and left over mis matched shingles on someone’s roof is unacceptable.  He took my money and ran... Please help expose this company. Carolinas Exteriors Phone: (828) 767-1086 Web: carolinasroofingandwindows.com/

220 Stoney knoll road Mill spring, NC, 28756

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2019 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carolinas-exteriors/mill-spring-nc-28756/carolinas-exteriors-perry-220-stoney-knoll-roadmill-spring-nc-28756-took-3500-cash-1472539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair