X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Casa Linda Homes - Mcallen Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: donna Texas
  • Casa Linda Homes 1409 N Main St Mcallen, Texas U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I also have been scamed it seems by Casa Linda Homes. I closed on my home on Dec 22, 2008 and all seemed well for my family and I. That is untill June of 2009.

I received 3 tax bills for years 2007 and 2008 tottaling close to $5000.00. I took them to Casa Linda's office and was told they were aware of the back bills and were waiting on approval of a loan to pay them. I left copies with them and went on my way.

2 weeks later i received the first of 3 lien notices on my property. I took these to the office and was told the same thing at first. I explained that I was told that before and wanted to talk to the person in chg of the problem. I was told to wait untill he went to a meeting. After the meeting he walked by be ignoring me and went upstairs. 2 hrs later, and after 4 inter office pages, still no sit down and explanation. I asked to speak to the owner, and was told I would have to wait some more. I left a card and asked to be called that day on the matter. No calls.

After another 2 weeks I brought in the local news on the matter. An interview was done and aired. In it they went to Casa Linda's office and confronted the owner. He refused to answer questions on camera and drove off in his $80,000.00 Escalade.

To date I have still heard nothing on this matter from them.
Any help on this would be great.

Eric
donna, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2009 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/casa-linda-homes/mcallen-texas-78501/casa-linda-homes-back-taxes-snow-job-and-disappearing-act-mcallen-texas-475617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

casa linda did this to me too part 2

AUTHOR: S15240sxbaytown - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, August 07, 2009
here is my ripoff report. when i called casa last week the new lady that answered the phone was polite and very helpfull, however nothing has come of her help . she informed me they are trying to get a loan against the homes they have already sold to pay the taxes, very illegal.basically if they are approved for this loan another lien will appear on your property.with liens existant you will not be able to refinance, or sell your home you are stuck which is why i am suing.there is a comment on my ripoff report from a lawyer in houston who is already involved with a back taxes case against casa linda, would be a good idea to contact him, or my laywer who is karen miniex at the miniex rogers law group.this will cost alot.but our legal system allows you to recoup your lawyer fees at the successfull close of the case.you will win. if you had a tax document from the hud department or local tax department in your closing paper that shows a different amount than what is really owed then they have commited several felonies including falsifying a govt document and fraud. from what it sounds like your in the same exact situation as me, and need to sue for recision via deceptive trade practice violation, fraud , misrepresentation and preditory lending. you can also call the bbb as well as the secratary of state , district attorney , attorney general, and the texas real estate comission. i have notified all of the above of what they have done to me.dont bother with the polce though they will tell you they cant help you and for you to get a lawyer, i think its funny how you can steal a candybar from walmart and go to jail but steal 20 grand from someone and the cops cant help.

I hear you.
I did try to speak to Larry. He was the individual that I waited to speak to for 2 hours. I was advised through legal aid that I should work out a payement plan with the tax lawyers, and tell Casa Linda that I will be paying the back taxes myself and that I will not be making mortage payments to them until the dept is settled. I was also told to tell them to credit my account every dollar I pay on the taxes.
This sounds all well and good, but I have the feeling I am going to be told to take a flying leap. For some reason I dont really think they are as concerned with paying the taxes as much they will be about me NOT making mortage payments.
Short of hiring an lawyer at another expense, what can be done with this? I know Casa Linda sells off most if not all loans to other banks, but from what I can see that would be impossible with the liens on the property. I welcome any more helpfull advice.

I hear you.

casa linda did this to me too

AUTHOR: S15240sxbaytown - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, August 03, 2009
i am in the same situation as you with casa linda as is all my neighbors in the hunters ridge subdivision in baytown. the man you need to speak with at casa linda is larry blanton he is controller. what they have done is illegal. the owner mark dizdar can be reached at his home phone in mission texas 956 581 6000. they have not only done this to me and you as well but huindreds of others , i have a twenty million dollar lien on my house. and i am suing for recission, you should too.

hmm

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, August 01, 2009
"$80,000.00 Escalade", is it gold plated? LOL

So you closed on your home Dec 22, 2008 . Did you own the land your home was built on in 2007?

Take your land records and closing papers and tax bills to your county treasurer's office. They will be able to figure out who owned what when.

If the TV reporter cared about more than air time, they would have told you this.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair