X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: CENTRAL AVENUE CHRYSLER/JEEP - YONKERS New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: paramus New Jersey
  • CENTRAL AVENUE CHRYSLER/JEEP 1839 CENTRAL AVENUE YONKERS, New York U.S.A.

CENTRAL AVENUE CHRYSLER/ JEEP TOTAL SCAM YONKERS New York

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
My 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee stalled. I had it towed to Central Ave. Chrysler/Jeep in Yonkers, NY. After having the car for a week they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Suddenly they decided that it must be a batch of bad gas and that the wrong sparkplugs were in the car (I guess they didn't notice this for the past 6 days taht the car was there). They replaced the spark plugs and the fuel filter and charged me $515.

After 2 weeks, the same exact thing happened. The car stalled and I had it towed back to Central Ave.
Chrysler/Jeep. After another 6 days they couldn't find anything wrong with the car. Since the next day was Thanksgiving I asked if I could at least have a loaner car since I already spent over $500 to "fix" the car and that obviously wasn't the problem. They told me "no" because I didn't buy the car from them.

Frustrated, I called the Chrysler/Jeep Headquarters in Michigan to help me. After calling the dealership they called me back and they told me that every light on the dashboard was lit up and they couldn't get any readings on the car because it needed a new PCM chip. This chip was just replaced in the car 4 months ago.

Furious, I called Kevin Lucketti, the manager at Central Ave. Chrysler/Jeep to find out what was going on, since NO lights were on in the dashboard when I brought the car in and that the PCM chip was just replaced. He put me on speaker phone with the service manager and they start telling me that before they can even find out what is wrong with the car I have to authorize that they replace the PCM chip, which will cost me $1000, and then if I authorize that repair then they will give me a loaner car.

I argued that they already charged me $500 for nothing since this was the exact same problem that I brought the car in 2 weeks ago and now they're trying to rip me off again. Kevin Lucketti, the manager, told me that the car has 100,000 miles on it and he would NEVER sell a Jeep with that many miles on it. Is he kidding me? You're the manager and you're telling me that Jeep, which prides itself on cars that go at least 250,000 miles is telling me that my Jeep that is 5 years old would never be sold on his lot. I couldn't believe it.
Then I confronted him with the fact that his dealership had the car for 2 weeks already, couldn't find anything wrong with it, then charged me $500 for spark plugs, ripped me off once already by using the excuse of "bad gas" he tells me that with gas prices being so high that gas stations are tampering with gas.

I picked up the car that day and lo and behold, NOT one light was on on the dashboard. I brought it to another mechanic, who told me that the PCM chip was fine. What a surprise!

Central Avenue Chrysler/Jeep is a rip-off scam of a dealership and I warn everyone NOT to go there. They ripped me off by charging me $500 for spark plugs, then tried to scam me into paying $1000 for a part that my car didn't need, and then tried tell me that Jeeps with 100,000 miles on them are not worth having.

BEWARE OF CENTRAL AVENUE CHRYSLER/JEEP IN YONKERS, NEW YORK.

Laucam
paramus, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2008 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/central-avenue-chryslerjeep/yonkers-new-york-10710/central-avenue-chrysler-jeep-total-scam-yonkers-new-york-406664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair