Complaint Review: Charter van lines - Boca Raton Florida

Boca Raton , Florida
    United States

Charter van lines My move was sold off to scam artists Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Comment: Charter Van Lines Is Not A Mover

I hired charter van lines for my move from Delaware to Florida over the summer. I never knew that my move would be subcontracted out to a smaller company called One Way Van Lines out of Dundalk, MD until the day before my move so I could make my money order out to them. I have been fighting for weeks to get my items delivered but no one will help me. I am constantly being blown off. Charter is absolutely accountable for my items being kept from me. I understand that one way has 21 business days to deliver and on October 3 it will be that. The company has no clue when my items will be delivered and that is unacceptable. I have been sleeping on an air mattress for much longer than had hoped. I am also told I will get a 24 hr notification of delivery. What about my job? My sons school schedule? How is that fair? Charter van lines and One Way Van Lines have lied to me nor have offered to rectify the situation. Charter will not even respond to my BBB complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2018 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charter-van-lines/boca-raton-florida-33433/charter-van-lines-my-move-was-sold-off-to-scam-artists-boca-raton-florida-1462826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Charter Van Lines Is Not A Mover

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States)

From reading their website, I can see they are not a mover - they are a broker.  It isn't clear, but this is from their website:

Looking for full service movers for your home move or corporate relocation?  Charter Van Lines not only connects you to companies that offer full service moves, but also provide a stress free experience for all of their clients.

That statements, while not completely clear, does indicate they do not perform moves; they "connect" you to companies that perform moves; that would have the key phrase indicating they don't actually do the moving themselves.  Now I looked up their information on the DOT website, and confirmed they are a broker - they have zero trucks to perform a move and zero drivers.  Their last statement of a stress free experience is a joke though - even in a perfect move situation, there is a great deal of stress....

Charter is absolutely accountable for my items being kept from me.  Not really.  The broker's job begins and ends with finding you a mover.  Once they find you a mover, their responsibility ends there.  Once the mover picked up your items, the broker has no accountability whatsoever.  I mean you can complain about them, but that's the problem with a broker.  Once they find a mover, there's little they, or you, can do.  Only the mover can provide when a mover will deliver your items.

The company has no clue when my items will be delivered and that is unacceptable.  It is unacceptable - no question.  However, when you contract with a broker, the broker will likely find you a small mover who often lacks the respurces to perform moves to anyone's satisfaction.  The mover only has 3 trucks available according to the DOT; it took me a while just to find their DOT number.  It may be slightly longer than October 3 before the items are delivered, but....if you paid in full, they will eventually deliver.  That's one of the problems with a small mover.

Charter van lines and One Way Van Lines have lied to me nor have offered to rectify the situation. Charter will not even respond to my BBB complaint.  It's possible Charter is in the process of responding - at least the BBB shows they're responding to a complaint.  However, as a broker, Charter's reply will likely be limited to the service they provide as a broker, not as a mover.  Your mover has a lot to answer for.

Best of luck to you....