X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: raleigh North Carolina
  • Chenwi Peter #24 Farm Road Rue Batoke Victoria, Cameroon

Chenwi Peter he gave me high hopes, and i wired $180.00 and no puppy, but wanted more money Victoria

*Consumer Comment: CLASSIC NIGERIAN PUPPY SCAM -- I WARNED AGAINST THIS WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT!

*Consumer Comment: Common scam

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
On Saturday, Jan. 10, 2009 I was called by this man in regards to a puppy I inquired about. He told me there would be $180.00 fee for the adoption, and he could hace the puppy on the next flight out to Raleigh. I wired the moneys and he e-mailed me asking me to promise to love cuby and treat her like my own. He told me he had taken her to the dispatch to be shipped out and i would receive her at 5:10pm on the next day witch is today Sunday, jan. 11,2009. That night i received an e-mail from some supose company stating they needed more money for insurance fees that would be refunded. I e-mail the sealer and the company, the company replied that the own signed paper that the cost was on me because the puppy had already been paid for so if i wanted the puppy it was US$760. I received a called once again from the sealer which ended in him hanging up on me. I e-mailed him and told him that was my bill money and i was starting to think it was a scam, and that i wanted my money back. I got no reply. I called western Union and was informed the money was picked up at 3:30am on today. I filed a report with them, and plan on having this futher investigated with my local law enforcement. I am very low income and that was a birthday gift for my young children, i am so hurt.

Msqt252
raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2009 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chenwi-peter/victoria-00237/chenwi-peter-he-gave-me-high-hopes-and-i-wired-18000-and-no-puppy-but-wanted-more-mone-410702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

CLASSIC NIGERIAN PUPPY SCAM -- I WARNED AGAINST THIS WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, January 12, 2009
This is a popular scam that originated from Nigeria.

They put a very cute photo of a puppy that they find on the internet somewhere and then they make up a sob story or some other lie about how you can adopt this wonderful puppy and how much they love it and what a great dog it is and how you can have this valuable dog with all the champions in its background and how much money you will make if you show it and blah blah blah the only things is..

THEY DO NOT HAVE THE DOG

THE DOG DOES NOT EXIST

THEY CLAIM THAT YOU CAN HAVE THIS DOG FREE FOR THE PRICE OF THE SHIPPING AND THE COSTS OF THE SHOTS AND THE COSTS FOR CUSTOMS AND OTHER COST AND WHEN YOU SEND THE MONEY YOU NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN....

AND THEN OTHERS WITH FAKE PUPPIES THEY CLAIM WILL CONTACT YOU TOO.

A VARIATION OF THIS IS THEY CLAIM THERE IS A PUPPY WHOSE LIFE IS IN DANGER AND THEY WILL SEND IT TO YOU FOR THE PRICE OF THE SHIPPING, ETC. & ETC.

THESE PEOPLE ARE SO CREATIVE IN THEIR SCAMS.
IF THEY WERE AS CREATIVE IN FINDING LEGITIMATE WORK AS THEY ARE IN THEIR INTERNET SCAMS, I AM SURE THEY WOULD BE MILLIONAIRES.

Common scam

AUTHOR: Me - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, January 11, 2009
This is a very common scam. I bet it was a type of puppy that is generally quite expensive? Like a bulldog or a yorkie (which is generally to small for a house with small children anyways)? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. And as my favorite judge likes to say, the cheap becomes the expensive. In addition, this was your bill money? If you were spending your bill money on a puppy, how were you going to provide for that puppy's needs adequately. High quality food, if a yorkie, they should have particular supplements on hand as well, shots, vet, toys, kennel, bowls, spay or neuter, general or emergency medical needs? I just spent $800 to have one of my dogs teeth cleaned and some pulled. I'm sorry if I seem harsh here, but I am becoming quite frustrated with all the folks out here that are upset they didn't get for cheap, or free, what most people pay ALOT for. At least reasearch the average price range, and use common sense if it sounds to good to be true, too easy, too cheap ect., and if they are not in the country!

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair