X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Just send me hundreds of dollars rather than Choice Home Warranty or American Home Shield if you want a home owner appliance company. I'll take your money and give you nothing as these companies do but without the attitude. I have called Choice Home Warranty for repairs over the past three years to my washing machine (separate coverage was required at an additioonal cost), my dishwasher, my hot water tank twice, my a/c twice and a garage door opener and finally a mixit valve in one of my showers.

The first call for my dishwasher was the only one I did not have a hassle with. I called on 11/7/14 for the garage door and a contractor they called finally showed up on 12/11/14.

On the first of two calls for no hot water, the first call to Choice Home Warranty was made on 12/7/13. Their contractor agreed there was no hot water but couldn't determine the reason. He said the tank was old and I would need a new one. Choice refused to replace it so I insisted they send another contractor. He told them the exact same thing that it needed to be replaced but Choice's rep. said they would not replace it. Their rep. who was very rude said that since neither of their contractors could find why there was no hot water even though they both agreed no hot water was being provided, it wasn't covered. After hours of fighting with them, they said they would look for a third opinion from another contractor. 3 days later after hearing nothing from then and Christmas right around the corner, I called them. I was told they couldn't find anyone else to take a look at it and that they would reimburse me up to $60 to find someone they would approve. I called and got another company out who, after dismantling the tank and not being able to determine why it wasn't providing hot water, told me the same thing...it needed to be replaced. He wrote the informaton down and I sent it to Choice but still, they refused to replace it. I had to repeat the story to no less tham 6 or 7 rep.'s as none of them seem to know anything, I finally decided to try turning the thermostat up all the way myself. While that worked for about 9 months, we were continuously scalded by very hot water. Finally after 9 more months, it happened again and Choice still refused to replace the tank.

Both calls for the AC I ended up having to pay for as they weren't "covered" according to Choice, replacing the mixit valve wasn't covered. So, except for repairing the garage door opener (which took 7 weeks) and the dishwasher (a job that probably would have cost $80.), they did absolutely nothing. I am warning you, don't use these people. They are worthless.

PS: American Home Shield is just as bad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2015 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/choice-home-warranty/edison-new-jersey-08837/choice-home-warranty-they-dont-care-about-you-edison-new-jersey-1260185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair