Complaint Review: Chris Hallal's Painting and Pressure Cleaning
- Chris Hallal's Painting and Pressure Cleaning
4195 W Boxer Ct
- Phone: 3522871385
- Category: Paint & Wallpaper
Chris Hallal's Painting and Pressure Cleaning Chris Hallal Ripped off! Consumer beware! Homosassa Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
We hired Chris Hallal's Painting and Pressure cleaning to do the painting on our new home and detached garage. We agreed upon a price, paint, and paint colors and that's the only thing that has gone as agreed. The following issues & scams have occurred:
1. The interior and exterior walls were NOT primed or sealed as agreed.
2. We paid for Pro Grade Sherwin Williams paint and received $8.00 a gallon Glidden paint. Not only did Chris Hallal use cheap paint, but he tried to get... away with pouring the cheap paint into Sherwin Williams buckets. We found empty buckets of the cheap stuff buried in the roll off dumpster and "full buckets" of Sherwin Williams in the garage with broken seals. If you are going to try to scam someone like this, at least show up to the job with the "fake paint" already bottled up and don't use the customer's dumpster to discard the evidence.
3. Mr. Hallal must not own or know how to use a caulk gun because none of the crown molding or trim was caulked.
4. The detached garage and main house wasn't primed or sealed, therefore the $8.00 a gallon paint that was used will need to be primed/sealed over and repainted with quality paint.
5. The interior walls (no primer was applied prior to paint)were sprayed with an "airless" spray gun using the $8.00 per gallon Glidden paint. Helen Keller could have seen that this wasn't going to work, and STOPPED...instead Chris Hallal continued to paint the entire interior of the home and wondered why he had coverage issues.
6. Instead of agreeing to fix the problem, Chris Hallal blamed the drywall hangers, finishers, the weather and probably George Bush, Obama and Donald Trump. We offered him the option to refund our deposit and monies paid to him and the issue would be settled, but he refused and will not return phone calls. We have hired an attorney and will let the courts deal with him.
7. The area representative for Sherwin Williams paint came out today to inspect the home and put a plan together to rectify the issues and confirmed that we have valid reasons to be upset. He has agreed to prepare an assessment of his findings for us.
Those of us who run legitimate businesses cringe when "fly by nights" do things like this. It's really sad because it gives other painters bad names and drives down the price/service factor. The cost to fix the poor job and make it look correct equate to starting over and doing the job again from scratch is almost 10k. We knew this guy and thought we could trust him but it turned out he isn't licensed or insured. ALWAYS ask for a copy of a license, insurance and references prior to hiring a contractor. People like Chris Hallal don't need to be in business and should be shut down.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2017 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chris-hallals-painting-and-pressure-cleaning/homosassa-florida-34446/chris-hallals-painting-and-pressure-cleaning-chris-hallal-ripped-off-consumer-beware-h-1382573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: