X  |  CLOSE
Report: #320973

Complaint Review: CIGNA Insurance Of Pittsburg, PA.; Underwritten By Life Insurance Company Of North America - Pittsburg Pennsylvania

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Paducah Kentucky
  • CIGNA Insurance Of Pittsburg, PA.; Underwritten By Life Insurance Company Of North America PO Box 22325 Pittsburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

CIGNA Insurance Of Pittsburg, PA.CIGNA Insurance Of Pittsburg, PA.; Underwritten By Life Insurance Company Of North America CIGNA LTD rip-OFF! Pittsburg Pennsylvania

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
In January 2003 my doctors advised me to have open heart surgery. The surgery required (6) bypasses; which were 95% or better. Age at the time, 53.

After receiving LTD from CIGNA for almost five years, they determined I wasn't disabled anymore. Because I missed appointments to my doctors. My doctors do state however nothing has changed I'm still disabled. One even stated, "what wrong with these people, are they crazy; you're not capable of returning to work."

Filed an appeal, and yesterday they denied the appeal. Only using the doctor reports they deemed necessary to deny my claim. I am now in the process of going to the doctors for EKG's, ECHO's, stress test, etc. But in speaking with their rep, Melissa Buys, it would seem nothing I submit will change their minds in this matter. Also it seems like the lady who was handling my case from the start, Michelle Hollifield isn't with CIGNA anymore. Wonder if that has something to do with this?

My point: CIGNA is a rip off, and in reading other reports on this company I'd suggest you stay away from these folks. But as for me, and my family, we will continue to pursue this matter till the last one is standing, because it seems like they've just decided to pick me out of the bunch and do as they please with me. There are various reasons I think are behind this denial, and they will come out in the wash.

Its time however for the people to stand up against BIG INSURANCE COMPANIES that use the ERISA law to beat us over the head, and want to make you like it. Its time to wonder about their reps who unscrupulously sit behind desks and make decisions without basis. They tell you our Medical Doctor advisors made the decision, but they will not tell you who they are. Me thinks they are the bobble heads that sit not on their desks, but at their desks. Bobbing to every whim and notion that comes from the heads of their company. CIGNA is a RIP-OFF!

Cbarnette
Paducah, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cigna-insurance-of-pittsburg-pa-underwritten-by-life-insurance-company-of-north-america/pittsburg-pennsylvania-15222/cigna-insurance-of-pittsburg-pacigna-insurance-of-pittsburg-pa-underwritten-by-life-i-320973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair