X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Cingular Wireless - Atlanta Georgia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: El Verano California
  • Cingular Wireless 5565 Glenridge Connector, Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Cingular Wireless Cingular ruined my credit with an account open in error, now they will not give me the money back to settle the account after the relized their error. Ripoff Atlanta Georgia

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
In 2002, while checking my credit report, I discovered a wireless account with AT&T wireless that was not mine. I spent the next three years fighting both the collection agency and AT&T wireless over the $497.00 bill. In 2005 my wife & I decided to buy a home. In order to qualify I had to clear up this acount, so I paid the fraudulent account in September of 2005. In January of 2006 I discovered that the account still remained on my credit report, then I discovered I had a right to see all documents related to the account, which I repeatedly requested, I also filed a complaint with the FTC, and PUC. The complaint with the PUC actually was responded to and after four years my complaint was elevated to the office of the president.

Dawn Dunnings was my contact at the office of the president at Cingular wireless now. Then Dawn sent me a letter stating that that there was no contract found, and the account was opened in error, but Cingular would not return my $497.00 because I paid it even though the account was in dispute. I asked how much Cingular was paid by the collection agency, thinking I would ask Cingular for the amount paid by the factor, and go after the factor for the difference, but Dawn told me they were paid $497.00.

In May of 2006 I went to 7 on your side in the Bay Area, a consumer help section of a local station. Shortly thereafter Dawn called to tell me a check was in the mail. I called back in July 2006 to ask where the check for $497.00 was, she stated that it had not been processed yet. In september 2006 I received a letter from Cingular again stating that their legal department recommended not paying because I had paid the account while in dispute.

Chris
El Verano, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2006 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cingular-wireless/atlanta-georgia-30342/cingular-wireless-cingular-ruined-my-credit-with-an-account-open-in-error-now-they-will-n-227573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair