X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Cingular Wireless - Southfield Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By:
  • Cingular Wireless Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

When Ameritech Cellular decided to sell their company to Cingular I jumped for joy thinking that I would finally have a new option then Ameritech. I live in Michigan and Ameritech monopolizes the entire state with ONLY their services. Well I received my new calling plan with Cingular which sounded like a dream plan seeing that I used my phone for personal and very seldom business purposes. The first two bills were satisfying and I immediately made my payments.

The third bill however was a bit higher then normal seeing that I had 500 regular time minutes with UNLIMITED nights and weekends. I again paid the bill and figured I over used my phone for the month. I began to record my time and made sure I didn't go over my calling plan. Lord and behold my fourth bill was outrageous.

They charged me close to $200.00 for the month! I stopped using the phone all together except for emergencies. Again, $200.00. I asked that they forward an itemized billing to me so I could review the calls they had me down for. This is now March 4, 2002 and I have after numerous calls and letters never received my requested itemized bill. They have however, placed my account in collections and to date my bills is close to $900.00. This of course is after I stopped using the phone completely. My plan was $49.99 for 500 minutes, unlimited nights and weeks.

CINGULAR WIRELESS are nothing but a bunch of price gaugers that rape the innocent.

If anyone out there can help me in resolving this or have similar problems with Cingular, please contact me. If they do not respond to my last request, and/or there are many more like me, I will be contacting an attorney regarding a possible class action suit against them.

Thank you for your time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cingular-wireless/southfield-michigan-48075/cingular-wireless-price-gauging-15847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
8Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Majorly Ripped Off, I fume when I see the new Cingular commercial on "no roaming!" services.

AUTHOR: A. - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, May 18, 2004
Wow- I just posted my rip off story yesterday and got a chance to read other responses but I think I take the cake so far in roaming charges. For 2 months, Cingular has charged me about $11,000 for roaming fees!!! I finally got a short one paragraph letter in response to my 3 page letter for me to contact the Office of the President stating they are "eager to have an opportunity to resolve my issues" after 5 months of trying to get a response to my billing dispute. I did call, left a voice mail for the person who sent me the letter and has yet to get a call back. We'll see where this goes. And I'm in for banding together and bringing a class action suit. This is ridiculous!!! I fume when I see the new Cingular commercial on "no roaming!" services.

ridiculous roaming

AUTHOR: Matthew - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, May 16, 2004
you guys should consider yourselves LUCKY! I was getting bills every month in excess of $1500 because of roaming to Georgia. I've never been to georgia, and I live 927 miles from the particular city from which the calls were originating. In addition to this, my call detail showed that I was making calls from Columbus, Ohio within SECONDS of the calls to georgia. To me, this sounded clearly like fraud. Cingular tells me that the new GSM phones are immune to such fraud. So, every month, I have to call, and argue with 7 different reps and managers, to get my bill credited. Also, it takes them 2 months to credit my bill, and I get assessed late fees every time when that happens. They even have the gall to call me a liar, and call me at work, and tell my co-workers that they need to talk to me about my delinquent bill! On the bright side, 8 months later, they have finally admitted that I have been cloned. It took a complaint to the FCC, and the FTC, as well, as having to hire an attorney, and begin the lawsuit process for them to finally make this right by me. Cingular as a whole seems to train thier reps to lie, and be very nasty. Never will I ever again do buisiness with them, and I reccomend the same to everytone I know. Please boycott cingular! Good luck, all you other cingular victims!

POSTED: Sunday, May 16, 2004
My suggestion is that if you want a printout of your detailed bill, go to the STORE, don't call customer service. If you go to the store, they can pull it up and print it for you with you standing right there. The first bill print is free but if you need a second copy it's $2.00. Then you can see every call that was made and recieved and if you have a problem with it you can have the sales rep go over it with you.

POSTED: Sunday, May 16, 2004

charged roaming fees from places we have never even been

AUTHOR: Damian - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, April 20, 2004
We have been ripped off by Cingular Wireless as well. Every month we get bills for $200.00 or more. We have been charged roaming fees from places we have never even been. How can we make a call from a state and city that we have never been to. Every month we get the bill, every month my husband calls the company and gripes until they take the bogus charges off. They keep switching out plan to somthing that will "fit us better". I have no idea what the plan is now!!! As soon as the contract is up we will be changing. We would be interested in a class action suit to stop these thieves!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Cingular ripped me off too OVERBILLED

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, January 22, 2004
Anyone interested in suing cingular class action style please email me. Let's band together and get these b*****d thieves where it counts: in their wallets. They are systematically defrauding hardworking Americans!!! This is an outrage. I just paid over $500 in going over mins. 611 and online is always incorrect regarding how many mins i have used/have left. How am i to make sense and not go over my mins if this info is never accurate. I am so pissed. Lets sue them.

Cingular Has Ripped Me Off Too!!

AUTHOR: Brandon - ()

POSTED: Monday, April 01, 2002
I completely feel your pain. I am a Cingular customer as well. What you described was almost the same thing I have been experiencing. I have the 500 Minute plan as well. I used to have a 300 minute plan, I went over slightly and was billed about $150.00!! My plan was only supposed to be like $39.00/mo. I also had an extra 200 minutes or something that came with the plan. $150.00 for two months, it practically killed me. They were completely ripping people off that go over their minutes, I didn't go over by that much.

Well, I then switched over to the 500 minute plan w/free nights and weekends. What I don't understand is that about 80 percent of my calls and usage was "Nights and Weekends", the main reason I accepted this option for the package. I go just a little over my plan that's supposed to be about $50.00 per month for "500 minutes and free nights and weekends" and have a $70.00 bill, like $90.00 one month! Soon I have like a $170.00 bill after missing a payment because I couldn't afford it. If I was really getting free nights and weekends like I am supposed to and Cingular was being reasonable with their billing practices then it shouldn't be like this. Cingular is a complete rip-off. My friend has AT&T wireless and talks more than I do with a similar plan and laughs at what I have to pay.