X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Cingular Wireless - Wilmington North Carolina

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: wilmington North Carolina
  • Cingular Wireless 351-25 S College Road Wilmington, North Carolina U.S.A.

Cingular Wireless ripoff I was not told about roaming charges and had to take an emergency trip Wilmington North Carolina

I got my cingular phone with the family plan for my husband and myself. I believe back in September or October. I was working in a Walmart Store and really wanted a cell phone. They had just opened a little store inside of there. I ended up on medical leave because of a back problem. I continued to pay my bill with money I had saved in January I had to take an emergency trip to Texas because of one of my children.

Not being told of roaming charges. I recieved a bill of around 2500 dollars. I was so upset that I called them. They told me they would drop the charges to 800.00 which I still couldn't afford to pay. I was still getting bills for 2500.00 and so I tried to explain to them that their representative in Walmart did not tell me about roaming charges or I would of bought me a calling card it would of been cheaper.

In February my husband I seperated and I kept getting these nagging phone calls that I would be reported to a credit agency. I am now disabled due to many medical problems and can't even get a cell phone now because of this company and their irresponsible scams.

I talked to a friend and they told me that no one she knows has ever gotten such a phone bill. Unless someone does something to this company. It will continue to happen and alot of credit will be ruined because of them leaving out bits and pieces of what to exspect. I have learned a lesson.

If this is ever taken care of which I know cingular is rude about their so called lies about roaming charges. I was told that Texas was one of their calling area's I also went on a route that was covered by them. Now I am disabled and have 4 children and live on a very fixed income and they called me asking when I was going to take care of this bill. I don't know if I will ever be able to pay that kind of amount on a cell phone. They wouldn't even let me out of that stupid contract. They kept adding to it. Like I could pay that 2500.00 bill. Like that one lady said Get behind the rest of my hospital bills because I am trying to pay them first.

I wish their was an honest cell phone company but I don't believe there is and since cingular wireless. I can't even get a decent cell phone now if I could afford one.

struggling in North Carolina

Theresa
Wilmington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2004 03:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cingular-wireless/wilmington-north-carolina-28409/cingular-wireless-ripoff-i-was-not-told-about-roaming-charges-and-had-to-take-an-emergenc-114333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content