X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Classmates.com - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Cape Girardeau Missouri
  • Classmates.com Ap9, Intelius , Classmates.comAp9companies-program.com, Intelius.com, Classmates.comNationwide,U.S.A. Internet U.S.A.

Ap9, Intelius, Classmates.com Ap9companies-program.com, Intelius.com, Classmates.com Nationwide, U.S.A. Deceptive business practices Internet

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Three years ago I joined Classmates.com on a 1 year manually renewed membership.

I was dissatisfied with their service and did not plan to renew. I went to their website to make sure my membership was canceled whereupon they pulled their deception, they offered me a two year GOLD membership for 1/2 price and promised I would be much more satisfied with that membership.

Was I ever a sucker! I thought "oh what the heck" for 1/2 price for two years and they say it is better....why not!

Well it was not better...same old webpage with 90 million ads and pop ups on it, which made it very slow to load even with broadband. I had decided that the next time they approached me I was definitely going to cancel, and I wondered why they had not contacted me.
I thought that perhaps I had forgotten my renewal date and perhaps they would contact me this month!

I went to my credit card website for an entirely different purpose and that is when I noticed they had automatically billed me for another 2 years...

That is about as deceptive as you can get, especially when you consider that I am legally blind and can't read that fine print anyway!

I just want to get this out to the general public so someone else won't get cheated like I did!

Walkenstick
Cape Girardeau, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/classmatescom/internet/ap9-intelius-classmatescom-ap9companies-programcom-inteliuscom-classmatescom-natio-399088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair