Complaint Review: Clawson Honda of Fresno - FRESNO CALIFORNIA

• Clawson Honda of Fresno
    6346 N Blackstone Ave
    FRESNO, CALIFORNIA
    United States

Clawson Honda of Fresno made 89 year old wait 2 hours, added $1,000 to the agreed price, and tricked her into signing in FRESNO CALIFORNIA

*Consumer Comment: Bad judgment

My 89 year old mother and I went to Clawson Honda of Fresno to buy a new Civic she had looked at. We test drove it and agreed on a price. He showed us a device that made the brake light flash when the brakes were applied. My mother and I both stated that it was worthless. He said Clawson installed it on all their cars and we repeated that we certainly wouldn't pay for it. He said nothing. We went inside and he and the manager said they would be right out to go over the paperwork and it would be quick. I was hungry as it was already getting late, so my mother said to go on home. The next day when I called her she said after I left, the Clawson guys went in the office and left her for two hours. She had no dinner, nothing to drink, no phone to call home, and was 89 years old.

When they gave her the papers to sign the price had gone up $1,000. She asked why and was told it was for the security system. By then she was on the verge of collapse so she signed and drove home. When she looked it over the next day she called and asked what the security system was because her manual didn't mention it. They said it was for the thing that made her brake light flash. She said she had told the salesman she didn't want it and wasn't told that it wasn't free. They said they had deposited her check and sent in the paper work so it was too late. I looked up the brake flasher they added. It's $25 on the internet. I think they probably cheat everyone, but I'm sure they target the elderly, so watch your parents. I'll never forgive my self for leaving her alone with those thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2018 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clawson-honda-of-fresno/fresno-california-93710/clawson-honda-of-fresno-made-89-year-old-wait-2-hours-added-1000-to-the-agreed-price-1468833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Bad judgment

AUTHOR: Chaiya - (United States)

I agree that they did bully your mother to get the way they want. It is a type of rip off.

I also believe that a part of the consequence is from you and your mother. The fault from you is that you left your mother alone with the car seller. I would never leave a 89-year old alone to deal business with anyone if I went to the similar with her regardless what she told me to. It is a bad judgment to leave her by herself. The fault from your mother is that she could simply walk away and not sign anything. It is not something like do or die. Besides, they have no legal right to hold her there.

Overall, I would agree with your report on their unethical practice.