X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Coconuts - Provincetown Massachusetts

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Boston Massachusetts
  • Coconuts 294 Commercial St Provincetown, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Coconuts Berated and Denied Promised return, Provincetown Massachusetts

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I was denied my return and can never return to a Coconuts for how I carried my sunglasses into the store!

- Buy your Sunglasses at REI or EMS for Lifetime Returns! Please, Never shop at Coconuts.

- In brief... Salesguy said 7 day return policy when I asked him, so I bought the sunglasses. Upon return to the store with the the glasses in perfect condition (48 hrs after later) I took them out of the box and put them on for one last walk around the block to reconsider. Deciding to return them, I walked back in, and was berated and all but thrown out of the store: "You can't walk in the door wearing those and get a return. No way. Forget about it." I Went to the police, had a nice chat and learned that Coconuts has a policy of NO RETURNS, EXCHANGES ONLY. This is printed on the receipt and the store counter. My mistake for overlooking, and the salesman's for lying. Why didn't they just say that before? The man who denied my return for wearing the glasses and threw me out was the President of Cocunuts; the Owner.

For going to the cops, he's now blackballed me and I cannot return to another store, ever.

I've never been lied to about a return policy, and never know a company to rely so heavily on fleecing tourists. Their return policies and store locations are built around tourists.
The unnecessarily vicious attitude straight from the owner was a window into the soul of the company.
Please don't buy your sunglasses from a company like this when you can get them with lifetime return policies and no-questions -asked at other places.
Find you glasses, and use their website to find a different retailer near you.

Forgetit
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/coconuts/provincetown-massachusetts/coconuts-berated-and-denied-promised-return-provincetown-massachusetts-475932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair