X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Cohen & Slamowitz 0 PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC - Woodbury New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: White Plains New York
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Cohen & Slamowitz 0 PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC 199 Crossways Park Drive Woodbury, New York U.S.A.

Cohen & Slamowitz, Cohen & Slamowitz 0 PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC UNSCRUPLOUS LAW FIRM - FRADULENT WAYS OF ENTERING JUDGEMENTS Woodbury New York

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I received written correspondence from this long after they entered a judgment against me. They would call my work, my home anytime of day and night. They entered a judgment in the amount of $8000. I went to my local Superior court and indeed it was on record as of Aug 2008. Stating they had served a notice of this by taping it to my door. That did NOT happen. I am filing a notice to VACATE, as I have found the original debt was written off back in 2001. They also froze my savings account.

This is the United States of America, we have rights and these bastards have to be held accountable. I would recommend if anyone is in this position to go to your local court clerk and get a copy of the judgment, than go to the Sheriffs Office to see if there is an order to freeze or garnish your wages. Contact an attoney or do the paperwork in PRO SE and file the Order to Vacate. It is called a "RJI " - Request for Judicial Intervention.

You then get to explain your side of the story and a judge will either vacate the judgment or I would imagine make payment arrangements if the devt is valid.
In my case the original debt that was charged off by the original creditor and the amount was $1000 - C&S is scamming me for an additional 7000.00. Fight Back !!

Maureen
White Plains, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2009 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cohen-slamowitz-0-portfolio-recovery-associates-llc/woodbury-new-york-11797/cohen-slamowitz-cohen-slamowitz-0-portfolio-recovery-associates-llc-unscruplous-law-f-445197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair