X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Kristen — New Holland Pa United States
  • Comcast United States

I made a promise to pay for July 21st. On July 20th, I made that payment as agreed, one day early. Then on the 21st they processed and additional payment. When I called to get this resolved they said that additional payment was put towards the bill due on August 2nd and my account is not showing a credit, therefore, can not be refunded. I spoke withba few different people at Comcast. They told me to dispute it with the bank, which I did. But now several other payments I made through my bank now have over draft fees attached. When i told Comcast this all they offered was 6 minths of free movie channels(which I turned down) and said "Unfortunately, we cannot refund the extra charge. Your bill is now officially caught up though, so you won't have to worry about being behind on your bill.-Alexandra" My bank account is $133 negative simply due to over draft fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2018 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/comcast/comcast-took-an-unauthorized-payment-nationwide-1453202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Tough situation

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States)

POSTED: Tuesday, July 24, 2018

When folks are living hand to mouth it can be a very disconcerting and uneasy life. Probably best to not have ANYTHING on auto draft if your account balance is chronically low. Too much chance of overdraft situations like this occuring because you have practically no margin for errors like this.

Removing all auto drafts however means you have to be all the more diligent about making proper timely payments.

That said, I got to agree with Robert that unknowingly or not, you must have authorized, or were understood by them to be authorizing a specific payment draft on July 21st and unknowingly duplicated it with your payment the day prior.

Companies will do things like this if you establish a pattern of late payments and I assume that was intended to be your July 2nd payment.

Who are you talking to?

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

POSTED: Tuesday, July 24, 2018

I don't know who you think you are talking to but no one on this site has anything to do with this company.

As for your delinquency. You don't make a "promise to pay" if you are current.  So contrary to what ever fantasy you are trying to convince us...or probably more likely yourself of..you were not only delinquent but without that promise to pay would probably have had your service cut off.

Nothing in the previous post or screen shot shows they think they did anything wrong. In fact you left them looking like uncaring and not willing to take any responsibility.  So yes if all of the sudden only a few short hours after you originally posted this with no indication they said they did anything wrong if you now want everyone to believe your revised history..then go right ahead.

Response

AUTHOR: Kristen - (United States)

POSTED: Tuesday, July 24, 2018

I was told it was a promise to pay and that meant I need to make the payment by rhe 21st. Which I did. I never agreed to have this payment taken out automatically. And the only reason you had all my info is because I have two of my bank accounts saves on my account for payments. So No, you are wrong. And I made payment on my account before rhe next bill was due so saying I'm "delinquent" is a little harsh. If you didnt make a mistake then why offer me me ALL the movie channels free for 6 months. Thats shows you knew you made a mistake.

It was authorized

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

POSTED: Tuesday, July 24, 2018

You had a promise to pay for July 21st, they took out the payment on July 21st. You also authorized the payment on the 20th.  So both of those payments were authorized.

It looks as if you just "assumed" that they would automatically cancel the payment on the 21st. But if it was an ACH transaction the way those are processed they are already in progress and can not be cancelled at that late date. Depending on exactly how the ACH was set up it could take 3-5 days to cancel the ACH and if it was already in progress it is too late.   This is NOT specific to them, this is how all ACH transactions work with any company.

As a piece of advice for the future.  Since you were delinquent and had to make payment arrangements. Realize that once you make any sort of arrangement you generally should not change them.  This not only means to a later date, but also in your case an ealier date. Had you just let the payment be processed the next day, which there is no logical reason you couldn't, then everything would have been fine.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair