X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Comp. Nation - Franklin Tennessee

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Castries Other
  • Comp. Nation 331 Premier Court S. Franklin, Tennessee U.S.A.

Comp. Nation Lied About Products, and Over Charged both products and shipping Franklin Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: This post is a hoax

removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Hi All,
I am from the small country of St. Lucia, an island in the West Indies. I received a phone call from this Company (Comp. Nation), telling me it's short for Computer Nation. They told me they were referred to me through another company that they deal with, but wouldn't or couldn't tell me who. I spoke with a sales rep and he was very pushy with me to buy their product.

He said his company had made these longer life toners that go in my laser printer that would last me twice as long, or longer. He was very talkative and wouldn't let me get a word in, so I listened. Of course who wouldn't want to save money. He said that they guaranteed these that if they didn't work, he wouldn't ask me to pay for them. Well he said that I had to buy 12 of these, which was a kit to get started. With looking on their website it looked like a legitimate company so i took his offer. I asked about shipping and they said they got the best rates and shipping not be an issue.

The normal ones I buy only cost me about $109.00 USD and are the originals. The ones I bought from this company cost me $169.00 each, which is more expensive but since it lasts double or more it would save me money.
When I got the bill the shipping charge was almost as much as the products which in turn made them cost me double. After that I had to pay my duties at customs which made it even more expensive.

At least I had these long life toners. Well I put them in my machine and it only lasts me about 25% of what my usual ones did. I was told by this company that when there are humans involved that sometimes there are errors and to try the others. Well I did and some of them smeared ink onto the pages until 1 finally leaked into my machine.

When I pressed the issue with their customer service they stated that they had me on recording saying that I would purchase these items and that they would seek legal help if needed. I said I would not pay them but they kept calling different people in my office until someone payed them without knowing.

I've spoken to several people who have dealt with them and most of my island will not do business with them because of similar circumstances. I'm not sure where else they target to sell these wretched, no good things but I want everyone to be wary.

I have wasted thousands of US dollars dealing with this company and you shouldn't either.

This happened in 2008 but I'm still very upset about it. I guess Shame on me for being so trusting but I wanted to tell my story.

Donella
Castries
Saint Lucia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2009 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/comp-nation/franklin-tennessee-37067/comp-nation-lied-about-products-and-over-charged-both-products-and-shipping-franklin-ten-465235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

This post is a hoax

AUTHOR: Service Team Lead - (United States of America)

POSTED: Friday, November 20, 2009

We take complaints very seriously at our company and when we saw this post, we immediately contacted the editors who would not remove the post but suggested that we set the record straight.

For nearly ten years we have served this community with outstanding products and services.  Our customers also know if they have any problems or issues that they can speak with a friendly customer service representative. When we saw this complaint, something did not seem correct. We cant recall anyone on this wonderful island who starts a letter or greeting with the phrase Hi All. The letter also reads like a deliberate attempt to tarnish our hard work and commitment to all our customers. We did our research and it points back to a former employee looking to mislead potential customers and wanted to use this post as a reference point in a sales pitch. For the record, we scoured our database for this customer as well as the phone directories for this fictitious individual and there was not a single match or derivation of this individuals identity.

We believe in the spirit of the Ripoff Report and unfortunately this is an example of an individual attempting to mislead visitors of this site for their own personal gain.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair