X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: moe — Seattle Washington United States of America
  • Compact Media KG Ferdinandstr. 29-33, N Internet United States of America

Compact Media KG Stefania Brum, Abbott Staffing wants you to place ads on newspapers for $100 commission Internet

*Author of original report: another contact..

*Consumer Suggestion: Obvious scam.

*General Comment: compact media kg

Below is the following email I received after signing up with Abbott Staffing Agency when it listed part time position for placing ads in newspapers. It sounded too good to be true, but Abbott Staffing Agency seemed legit. With desperation for money, I gave the information below. Now I'm left to wonder if they'll send me that check, and if they do, what to do with it? I would appreciate some information if any one else has gone through this. Thanks!

Monday November 23 2009

Like we specified, a cashier check of $1,315 will be released today for theposition you applied for. Simply cash the payment same day when you receive it, at your bank, and follow instructions.
It is very important to post the ads exactly like we will send it to you, all words. After ads are posted you still have 24 hours and you can modify the content, no problems if you make a mistake first times, simply forward us the confirmation emails that publications will send and we will correct if needed.

Please confirm/correct your full name and address that we have on file:

First name, Last name (No Nicknames please):
Street Address (NO PO Boxes):
City, State, Postal Zip Code:
Two E-mail addresses:

You will place 2 job ads after you receive first payment in Washington Post and Newsday newspapers. You will call an 1-800 number to do this task. You will receive instructions and complete "how to" specifications, also the text that will appear in the ads, it will take like 5 minutes to do it. Simply let us know when you will receive the cashier's check next week. Your commission is $200 from this order. You must place the order in max. 48 hours after you receive the money. Of course, we will instruct you 100%. You may also receive few orders from various US companies that we work with to place ads in Canada and Europe newspapers.

Very Important:
Do not cash certified checks at check cashing stores, they have huge fees and we don't support them.
Do not abandon your email addresses we have on file from you! Check your email every evening, check also BULK/SPAM folders, our updates may go there sometimes.
Do not play with our time and our money, do not apply if you are not able to perform the simple tasks!
If you abandon this job without completing task our US lawyers will call you. Position is very simple, lets keep it that way.

Please reply with specified info to confirm that you received this email.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compact Media KG, Stefania Brum
Address: Ferdinandstr. 29-33, Nhe Europapassage, 20095 Hamburg, Germany
Tel. 040/35 71 54-0, Fax 040/35 71 54-20

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2009 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/compact-media-kg/internet/compact-media-kg-stefania-brum-abbott-staffing-wants-you-to-place-ads-on-newspapers-for-528664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

another contact..

AUTHOR: moe - (United States of America)

POSTED: Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Thank you everyone for your comments. Especially Katy who actually received a check from the company and tried to verify it. I have since received another email from a different contact from the same company asking me if I've received the check. I told them I had already asked not to send me the check and to no longer contact me. This is the email they had sent after threatening me. I'm wondering what I should do. I'm afraid they already have my address, email, and phone number. I don't want to be hassled and if I am, what can I do?

Compactmedia Inc.

to me
show details 12:02 PM (1 hour ago)

You dont get it, you cannot quit now. This is not some kind of game, the job is real, the company is real and the money is real. We even specified when we hired you that a check left for first task to your name and address.  You knew what this job involves, dont play stupid games, we are not kids, if you play, you will pay!!!

Our lawyers will contact you soon if you don't remember ASAP what job you applied this week and what terms you accepted, you have 24 hours to process the payment like we agreed when will be delivered.  Don't EVER think that long distance will protect you. We work closely with important law firms in Los Angeles, New York and Miami and they will assist us every time we have a problem in United States.

We expect that our job to be respected, if you still don't want to work for our company process the payments that are on the way right now and after that you are free. Otherwise we lose money, you are called in court and YOU pay for our loss. Tomorrow our lawyers will be alerted. This simple job that you refuse to finish will make you pay thousands in court, dont worry, we had another case few months ago and we won.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Obvious scam.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Do not cash or deposit that check.  It's phony.  I suggest you shred it and stop communicating with these scammers.

Step back and think about this.   Would a legit company that has no idea who you are (just an anonymous Internet contact) send a valid check for $1,315???   If the checks were real, can you imagine how many people with fake Internet identities would be lining up to receive these check, take the money and run?   No legit business would send that kind of money to someone on just an Internet contact.

The usual way this works is that they have you deposit the bogus check, which may take up to a week to come back as phony.   In the meantime, they have you wire money for various fake ads using Western Union or Moneygram (which makes the money untraceable).   What you are actually doing is sending good money to the scammers in exchange for a bad check.   Eventually, your bank will tell you that the check was phony and you now owe the bank the full amount of the check.

#1 General Comment

compact media kg

AUTHOR: shaun - (United States of America)

POSTED: Wednesday, November 25, 2009
i recieved a check from this company i called the bank in california where it was writen on to find out the checks are remade and no good via technologies is aware of this scam

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair