X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Compaq, Hewlett Packard - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Saint Clair Shores Michigan
  • Compaq, Hewlett Packard hp.com/DT01008 Nationwide U.S.A.

Compaq, Hewlett Packard Ripoff Disrearded the re-bate promise NO Compaq, Hewlett Packard Saint Clair Shores Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Buyer Beware

*Consumer Comment: You screwed up because you failed to

I purchased a Compaq Presario 1850 back in April 2006; sent all the necessary paperwork along with the necessary bar code as specified. I was to receive my $50.00 re-bate 6-8 weeks. Up until today 08-04-06; I still haven't received my rebate. I have sent them several e-mails; they just apparently disregard answering them; still no rebate. They're only intrested in selling their computers with fake rebate advertising. Don't purchase their computers, perhaps they'll then feel the crunch, and start sending the re-bates as they promised. I was going to purchase a laptop from them, and due to this problem, I will purchase a Dell instead; unless I receive my rebate. Compaq Hewlett Packard are nothing but a bunch of crooks.

Joseph j.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2006 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/compaq-hewlett-packard/nationwide/compaq-hewlett-packard-ripoff-disrearded-the-re-bate-promise-no-compaq-hewlett-packard-s-204525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Buyer Beware

AUTHOR: S. - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, August 06, 2006
If you read further into the posts under Hewlett Packard with RipoffReport.com, you will see many people who are having the same difficulty obtaining their rebates from HP. Such a pity that a large company such as HP is playing such silly games or is actually that inept.

I read that you were considering purchasing a HP notebook but decided against it due to the rebate issue. Please visit my thread listed under Hewlett Packard at RipoffReport.com. It should enlighten you and add to the list of reasons why you should not purchase a HP Notebook.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff179762.htmworking fine

You screwed up because you failed to

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, August 04, 2006
perform one of the two following requirements:

1. Jump up and down on your left foot as you rub your tummy and sing the Star Spangled Banner backwards;

2. Return the rebate to their office WITHIN 24 HOURS during working hours on Monday through Friday! It is NO EXCUSE that the promotion sale is held only on Saturdays!

I read ads for sales with rebates for additional price reductions all the time, but almost never do I purchase such an item unless the rebate is very small- then I usually forget about it. If they wanted 100% of customers to benefit from the price reduction implied by the rebate, they would just reduce the price.... wouldn't they?