This site uses cookies to store information on your computer which may track your browsing behavior on our site and provide you with ads or other offers that may be relevant to you. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. Read our Privacy Policy to learn more. Further, effective 5/24/2018 due to GDPR, citizens of any GDPR applicable country are prohibited from using this site. Read our Terms of Service to learn more.By using our site you understand and agree to these terms.

Complaint Review: Conseco

• Submitted: Thu, November 28, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, February 28, 2003
  • Reported By: Demorest Ga.
  • Conseco
    175townparkdr
    Kennaswa, Georgia

I allowed my x husband to put a mobile home on my land which he had financed through conseco. After realizing he was really being ripped off he relinquished the mobile home. As my sister and i helped him pack we recieved phone calls constantly from conseco telling us that we needed to get out of their mobile home, they said the sheriff would be out to put us out etc, after vacating the mobile home conseco no longer has an interest in getting this piece of crap off my property. I sent a certified letter over 2 months ago and i still have no idea whats happening. i plan to build a cabin in the spot the home is now located any suggestions??????? how about a lawyer getting a class action going??????

Margie
Demorest, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2002 03:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/conseco/kennaswa-georgia-3014/conseco-ripoff-kennasaw-georgia-36510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It is illegal to store your property on someone else's lot

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

If Conseco has formally taken possession of your trailer home and it is sitting on your lot, you do have rights. It is illegal to store your property on someone else's lot. This is one of the reasons I let the trailer go for my brother-in-law. (my husband was the co-signer and we let the trailer go into repo) I knew that if he vacated the mobile home and we were making the payments, the property would technically be considered ours and the landlord can sue us for the lot rental payments.

Since the land is legally your property, and the trailer is now theirs (they have taken possession of it and therefore assume responsibility for it), it is their obligation to remove the trailer or pay you for the use of storing their trailer on your land. Can you get a lawyer to execute a writ to have their property removed or can you formally demand storage fees from Conseco. I would get a lawyer. Why not try and get a lawyer and bill them lot rental for storing their trailer on your property? I would try and see what a lawyer would say.

I don't know if this can be done or not, but it is worth looking into.

Just a suggestion..