X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Consolidated Media Services - Atlanta Georgia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Miami Florida
  • Consolidated Media Services 2550 Heritage Court, Suite 106 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

Consolidated Media Services rip-off Atlanta Georgia

I agreed to receive a set of magazines from Consolidated Media Services. Before I received my first set of magazines, I canceled my subscription. I don't know what the problem was, but when I called to cancel, I was asked a blunt "why?"

Then, because I am under 21 years old, I had to send them proof of age in order to cancel my account and have my money refunded. OK, question, what does that have to do with anything? I didn't have to supply them with proof of age when I susbscribed in the first place, but I faxed them my driver's license information as proof.

I called the company back to see if they received my driver's license info, and they told me they did. My money was refunded to me a few days later. The magazines, thank GOD, I thought, did not reach me, because that meant I would've had to pay for them or they would've had a reason to bill me.

I received a letter in the mail a few days later outlining the conversation I had with the sales person and that they will cancel my account. A few months later, I receive a bill in the mail telling me that I'm past due for my first payment of my magazines. I called them and told them that I called to cancel before I even received my first set, I was refunded my money, and that I received a letter in the mail telling me that my subscription was canceled.

They said they never sent a letter saying that. Ha!

Then I told them I was refunded my money and they told me that I wasn't! Ha Ha!

Then they said they did not receive the fax of my driver's license. Wonderfull!

So, I'm thinking to myself, "those lying people are trying to rip me off!" I get a call the next day at my workplace and it's CMS telling me that they need a credit card number from me because I'm past due two payments. Good one. I never received any magazines from them, and I'm past due two payments? Just the other day the bill said I was past due ONE (1) payment. Does that not sound like a rip off to you?

I faxed my driver's license info to them again and they couldn't tell me if they had gotten it or not. I have proof of both faxes and they denied them. I will seriously take legal action against them if they continue to hassel me or take money from me.

Joet
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2003 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consolidated-media-services/atlanta-georgia/consolidated-media-services-rip-off-atlanta-georgia-46918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Investigates Reputation Repair