X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: ConsumerInfo.com AKA CIC CREDIT REPORT 800-220-2626 - Orange California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Mount Vernon Washington
  • ConsumerInfo.com AKA CIC CREDIT REPORT 800-220-2626 P.O. Box 1909 Orange, California U.S.A.

ConsumerInfo.com AKA CIC CREDIT REPORT 800-220-2626 Promised Free Credit Report Which In Reality cost $5.00. Upon Paying $5.00 and immediately cancelling account, was charged $8.99/month for numerous months following cancelation request. Orange California

In April of 2004, I decided to get a quick look at my credit score, and found http://www.consumerinfo.com/ offering free credit scores. After I went through signing up to get my "free" credit score, I was told I'd have to pay $5.00 to get an actual score. I paid the $5.00, got my score, and then immediately cancelled my account online.

Upon cancelation of my account, I noticed the next month I was charged $8.95 to CIC*CREDIT MONITOR800-2202626 CA. I noted this and thought perhaps it was a cancellation charge. I again noted an $8.95 charge to my account on my last billing cycle, and close inspection of my prior billing statements from April of 2004 revealed that I had missed prior billings to the same company, and found that I had been charged $8.95 for six months on an account I cancelled within an hour of opening.

So, I signed up for a "free" credit report from consumerinfo.com and wound up being charged more than $55 over a span of about seven months. I still have not been able to get in contact with the company and am frustrated that I may continue to be charged for an account I accessed only once, moments after I signed up for it in April, and an account which I cancelled minutes after that one use. I think this is a major scam and I hope that Consumerinfo.com gets prosecuted to the fullest extent that the law will allow and I hope to get my money returned for their fraudulent behavior.

Jeffrey
Mount Vernon, Washington

CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2004 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consumerinfocom-aka-cic-credit-report-800-220-2626/orange-california-92865/consumerinfocom-aka-cic-credit-report-800-220-2626-promised-free-credit-report-which-in-r-114389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content