X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: ConsumerInfo.com - Orange California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: San Rafael California
  • ConsumerInfo.com One City Blvd. West, Suite 401 Orange, California U.S.A.

ConsumerInfo.com $79.95 charge? Oh yeah, the one I CANCELLED? ripoff Orange California

As a broke college student, I make it a habit to obsessively keep track of my credit card expenses. On 1/26/2003, in the interest of evaluating my credit, I signed up for ConsumerInfo.com's "free" credit report. However, after I suddenly ran into the delay they create by sending "confirmation" through snail mail (unlike Equifax and other more established credit reporting services), I began to grow a little suspicious.

More than two weeks passed, and still I had not received any "confirmation." Finally on 2/14/2003, I reviewed their cancellation policy, called their toll-free number, and spoke to a customer service representative who assured me that my membership had been revoked at no charge to me.

Quite to the contrary, on 2/25/2003, I checked my credit card bill online and noticed a $79.95 charge from CREDIT MONITOR SVC. I wasn't entirely sure who this was, but after running the name through Google, I discovered that this company is one and the same with ConsumerInfo.com.

I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, read through the other complaints at RipOffReport.com, and as soon as business hours roll around tomorrow morning, I fully intend on calling ConsumerInfo.com again and demanding to know what on earth they think they're doing. Only in horror stories and urban legends have I heard of such blatant, unapologetic fraud. It's absolutely ridiculous and beyond unacceptable.

Allison
San Rafael, California

CLICK HERE: Lawsuit Filed Against Consumerinfo.com to get victims thier money back

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2003 12:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/consumerinfocom/orange-california-92868/consumerinfocom-7995-charge-oh-yeah-the-one-i-cancelled-ripoff-orange-california-47000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content