X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance - Southfield Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Perry Kansas
  • Credit Acceptance creditacceptance.com Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Credit Acceptance What a crock of sh-t! Southfield Michigan

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I am astonished at all the reports I've read about Credit Acceptance. I only wish I would have read them 5 yrs ago. Reading these reports are like reliving what we've gone thru since "signing the papers". My husband and I traded in a mini van for a 2000 Dodge Durango the day our bankruptcy was discharged. We were told that because of our recent bankruptcy our payments would be larger and that our loan term would only be 3 yrs. After a year of making regular payments we could refinance for smaller payments and longer term. We were also told that we had to do the automatic bank withdrawal because of our shady credit. We were skeptical but needed a better vehicle so we agreed.

Our payments of $489.00 were due on the 15th of the month. For a year I made $500.00/mo payments on the 1st of the month. When it came time to refinance they had every excuse not to. I still made the payments just to get it over with for another 5mo. I then started receiving calls saying that my last 3mo payments hadn't been received. I sent them proof of payment, but they say they haven't received that either. So I just quit making payments. I figured if they aren't even receiving them why should I send it.

2 summers ago I received a letter from them offering a deal called the "Summer Blitz Offer". I talked with my husband about it and he said to give them a call and see what they had to offer. So I called and was told that if I made a payment they would double it for the term of the loan. Which at that time was 18mo. I set up to make $300.00/mo payments that they were supposed to match. A year later I called to find out the payoff and they told me $17,000.00. Are you flippin kidding me. The sticker price was only $11,900.00 and I had already paid 2-1/2 years. Not only that they said that if I paid it off early that the "Summer Blitz Offer" didn't apply. Meaning that I would have to come up with the $300.00/mo that they were supposed to be matching the last year. So again I quit making payments and don't plan to give them another dime. They have threatened repossession in the past but have yet to come get the piece of junk that had "MANY" problems to begin with.

My husband and I are now trying to buy a house and are unable to until we pay off this account. If I had only known we wouldn't be dealing with this now. We would love to out from underneath of this debt. If anyone knows any way please let me know.

I would suggest to anyone looking for a car loan, talk to your bank. Do NOT use Credit Acceptance.

Sick and tired
Perry, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/credit-acceptance/southfield-michigan/credit-acceptance-what-a-crock-of-sh-t-southfield-michigan-455783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair