X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Credit Account Solutions - Mesa Arizona

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Houston Texas
  • Credit Account Solutions 2023 W. Guadalupe #11-217 Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Credit Account Solutions, Card Services falsely claim to help with CC debt, but really want your Social Sec. # and other info Mesa Arizona

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I am starting this report with an excerpt from a similar one about a company called United Debt Solutions to show it appears to be the same company:

"...This company made certain representations to me regarding its relationships with Mastercard and Visa [collectively creditors"]. Specifically, the representative that I spoke with during the initial order process, advised me that the company maintained a relationship with the creditors which presented their company with the ability to negotiate a lower interest rate with the creditors.

In reliance of that representation, I paid the company $695.00 to negotiate a lower interest rate with my creditors. The same representative guaranteed that if the company was unable to save me a minimum of $2,500, my payment would be returned to me.... then wrote a letter to the company demanding they return the my fee. They refused and told me that the could not return my fee because my 'debt management service' was not complete.

However, the term debt management service was not defined in the service agreement. When I advised their representative of this vague term he simply dismissed it and told me that he could not return my fee.

I then researched this company and found that the FTC had previously brought an action against them for this very same practice of misrepresentation. When I brought to the attention of the representative he pled ignorance..."

MY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

I have run into the same issues as above including the denial of a refund.

Some of the things that they have also done with me is to say they would apply for a 4.99% fixed loan for me. They wanted my Social Security # (SS#) to apply and I refused. They said they could do it without the SS#. They never called back so I contacted them and the CSR said they needed my SS# to retrieve the application status, again I refused. After several calls to them, they let me know that the loan was a CC through Amex Blue. I called AMEX blue but no record of an application.

Now they are telling me that the next step is to have me sign a Power of Attorney to them so that they can pull my credit reports (since "it would cost me money to do it myself"). I have refused that as well and they tell me we are at a stand still and refuse my refund.

I have contacted PrePaid Legal to see what I can do...I will keep you posted.

Hope this saves at least one person from signing with them (even though their sales tactic is to cold call and get you to verbally sign with them and pay on a CC on that call...not much chance to research this because that cold call does not give the name of the company).

Here is a list of the names, numbers, and info that I wrote down from my dealings with them (to help those searching for info):

Kelly Howard
Henry Collins
Richard Miles
Brandon Huffman (supposed financial advisor)
www.creditaccountsolutionsweb.com (although it is not a real site)
1-888-288-8013

JJ
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2007 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/credit-account-solutions/mesa-arizona-85202/credit-account-solutions-card-services-falsely-claim-to-help-with-cc-debt-but-really-wan-251223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair