Complaint Review: Credit One Bank

• Submitted: Thu, May 04, 2017
  • Updated: Thu, May 04, 2017
  • Reported By: Mike Donnelly — North Port Florida USA
  • Credit One Bank

Credit One Bank My wife recieved a statement in the mail, stating we owe $81.95 we never signed up for a card, I have tried calling the first thing they want is your social security # I would not give them on hold 5 min. when the women came on ,broken english, ask my problem I told her what happen I sad we do not have a card , she hung up on me. I called right back and the recording said closed for day. I am not paying this and I know they will affect my credit by BLACKMAILING ME to pay to cancell a card I never applied for. Las Vegas Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like ID theft

I recieved a statement yesterday 4/3/2017 from Credit One Bank, for $81.95 my wife and I did not apply for a credit card from them I do not have any credit cards. I called and the first thing they say is enter your social security # i would not do so put on hold.

A women comes on in broken english, and asks for my SSN I refuse and tell her I recieved a bill from a place I do not have a card from. she hung up on me I called right back and the recording says closed for the day.

They will continue to bill me and mess up my credit, and the Blackmail me to pay them to stop. Please stop these crooks .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2017 04:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Sounds like ID theft

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - (USA)

If your wife never applied for the card, then file a police report. Look up the process for ID Theft at and follow the directions completely.  However, if your wife did apply for the credit card and didn't tell you, don't say it was ID Theft. Those procedures are meant to protect the consumer in the case of real ID Theft and not a spouse hiding a credit card.  Don't just ignore it as it will cause credit issues for years to come.