X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Crystal Clear Windshield Repair - Dallas Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Dallas Texas
  • Crystal Clear Windshield Repair 8040 Forest Ln Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
As I pulled up to Flagship Carwash on Forest Lane July 7th, I was approached by an underdressed, looked like he was off the streets salesman. He told me my windshield was chipped and he could fix it. I didn't see the chip so I declined. As I was getting my valuables managed he told me if I didn't fix it, it could crack and then I would be in a world of trouble. He then told me how the insurance would pay for it and blah blah blah. I told him just wait let me think about it. I wanted to go inside and have some coffee first. After sitting and relaxing he came inside and told me the repair was finished and he needed my insurance information. At this point I was irrate as I never authorized this procedure to be performed on my vehicle. I told him I was not going to give him my insurance information as he was a conartist. After fighting with him a bit, my car proceeded out of the exit end of the tunnel and I became a little nervous. I went to look at the windshield so he could show me what he fixed and it was cracked from one side to another. He told me that they offer a warranty and that the warranty takes the insurance money they received and applies towards a new replacement windshield and I could pay the difference. I am usually calm but this had me furious. I no longer wanted to talk to him and proceeded to talk to the owner of the carwash who was not present. They explained to me that the carwash and windshield were separate businesses and sorry. They gave me the number to the "owner" of the windshield rip off business, a Bobby Gates.

Well after talking to this slickster he had supported his worker and said that I was obligated to give my insurance info and then they would fill out the paperwork and go from there, but I would still have to pay for about half of the windshield. This is crazy I never authorized the service, they broke my windshield and now I have to pay. The police say this is a civil matter and there is nothing they could do. This had Mr. Bobby Gates snickering. Please if you are reading this, don't let these lowlifes touch your windshield.

Ron
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2008 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/crystal-clear-windshield-repair/dallas-texas-75243/crystal-clear-windshield-repair-they-broke-my-windshield-and-did-not-pay-for-it-conartists-353399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

To: Ex Employee

AUTHOR: Crystal Clear Windshield Repair - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, November 07, 2008
Most likely this is an ex-employee who has tried to go out on his own and realize how difficult it is to compete with Crystal Clear Windshield Repair. Over the last couple of months he has gone around and has tried to "bash" our name. Bottom line is that we have a proven track record with both the insurance companies and all of our customers.... once again if you are a consumer that is inquiring about "windshield repair" or us,Crystal Clear Windshield Repair, there are other resources out there other than just this website. Please call your Insurance provider, agent, or use the rest of the internet to find out more about us.

And to the ex-employee who shared his "false" opinion about us, I hope and wish you the best of luck.

Bobby Gates
Proud Owner
Crystal Clear Windshield Repair

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

These guys are cons indeed

AUTHOR: Consumer - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, October 29, 2008
i used to work for them. they are f**king liars and thieves.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Crystal Clear Windshield Repair stands behind there Gaurentee and Policies

AUTHOR: Crystal Clear Windshield Repair - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, August 18, 2008
My name is Bobby Gates, owner of Crystal Clear Windshield Repair, would like to respond to the customer who claims we are conartists. We are in the business to help you, the customer, understand that if you carry full coverage insurance on your vechile, you can repair your windshield at no cost to you without it effecting your rates and your deductible. We have to follow the rules set by all of the Insurance Companies. We have no reason to fix your windshield without your permission first. If for any reason after you give us permission to fix your windshield and change your mind, we simply void the transaction, its worth it to us to keep the customer completely satisfied.
About our policy and gaurentee... first let it be known that working with glass is unpredictable..and that we are making an atempt to repair your windshield and that every once in a while "things happen". Our policy is that if we are repairing a windshield and it spreads or cracks further, we automatically replace it- no questions asked. If we repair a windshield and it spreads or cracks after we complete the service and the customer leaves, this is where our gaurentee comes into play...

Insurance companies have a 100% satisfaction gaurentee policy. We Choose to follow the same gaurentee. The amount that insurances companies pay us to repair the windshield will be credited or given back to the insurance company, and they will set up a replacement.

I do not recall ever having a conversation with anyone about this incident. Very rarely we will have a customer call us and let us know that a repair didnt hold, and will set them up with a new replacement. In the 3 years that I've been doing this I have never had one complaint like this one. I even thought that this might even be a hoax from an ex-employee or a competitor in the same market/area.

Consumers that are reading this, please if you have a question regarding windshield repair, please call your insurance company and have them tell you the benifits of windshield repair. Aslo if we are in your area you can ask your insurance company to tell you about our proven track record with them. Even if you don't deside to use us, please just get it fixed, you will be glad you did.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair