X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Dan Phillips D.P. Makeup Studio - Eastpointe Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Michigan, USA Michigan
  • Dan Phillips D.P. Makeup Studio East Side Eastpointe, Michigan U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Dan Phillips of DP Makeup Studio is a scam. He was hired by our Makeup School to be an Instructor. He committed to teaching at our school and to sign our non-compete. He came to our orientation and learned the inside scoop on how to start a makeup school. He said that he would never compete with "General Basic Makeup Application" which he lied. He started his own school one week after learning how to do it. He stole our curriculum, priced it the same as our school. Dan Phillips is unethical and a complete fraud. Buyers beware of his actual "beauty skills". His work is below standards. Just look at samples of his work. And please, prospective students, do not confide in an idea you have in the makeup industry as he is certain to "Rip Off" your idea.

Tiffiny
Michigan, USA, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2008 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dan-phillips-dp-makeup-studio/eastpointe-michigan/dan-phillips-dp-makeup-studio-plagerism-theft-scandalous-fraudulent-liar-eastpointe-mi-389501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
4Employee/Owner

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

POSTED: Sunday, December 07, 2008

This is to rebuttal against the comments made by vanity hair salon. I NEVER signed a non-compete contract.I am not obligated to you in any way.I chose to open my own special effects school well before we even talked. I understand this is your way of trying to ruin my reputation in this buisness. IT WILL NOT WORK. I have a reputation as a top quaility makeup artist in this buisness. Both in the beauty world and special effects buisness. My school is a cut above the rest. I will let my work and my resume speak for itself. I am currently Makeup department head AND SPECIAL MAKEUP EFFECTS SUPERVISOR for a feature film by new castle being shot in Michigan.I was asked this year to do makeups for this years finalist for this years tiffany awards(TOP HAIRSTYLIST IN MICHIGAN). As far as stealing your ideas for your school .How quickly you forget that you asked ME to makeup up the curriculum for the special effects portion of the school. So I guess i stole MY OWN ideas.As far as my skill level is concerned you also asked me if I would consider doing a few of the fashion classes for you which I declined to do at that time.I wonder ,if my work is below par why would you ask me to teach some of your beauty course.
lastly I am informing you that I have contacted my Lawyer and I will persue legal action if this harrasment and lies do not stop.
And to the general public I invite anyone who is intersted in getting a first class professional makeup education from a experienced makeup artist currently working in the motion picture buisness to come to the studio check out our work and make your own decision.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair