Complaint Review: David Constantino - St. Petersburg FL

• David Constantino
    535 Central Ave
    St. Petersburg, FL
    United States

David Constantino KEL Lawfirm LawyerASAP Rahdert & Mortimer, PLLC KEL LawfirmLawyerASAPRahdert & Mortimer, PLLC KEL LawfirmLawyerASAPRahdert & Mortimer, PLLC David accepted my case then positioned himself to abandon the case St. Petersburg Florida

I filed against Freight Center, in 2015, while David worked for KEL Attorneys, which later became Lawyer ASAP.  David currently works at .  The case was forced into arbitration, as was expected, and the recommendation of David was to go to arbitration pro-se, stating he would come back to the case, if an appeal was needed, for which I have e-mail proof.

When contacting David, who "lost" the original e-mail with the arbitration results, I was requested to resend, then summarily ignored.  Later, I found out that a "Motion to Withdraw" was filed, without my knowledge, right when it went to arbitration.  No further e-mails were ever responded to, no calls were answered, and because it already went to arbitration, no new lawyer would touch me.  NOTE:  my opponent did not submit a single document or evidence, during arbitration, and the conclusion directly defied several statutes.  It could have been appealed, but due to David dismissing my case, I lost over $4500.00 to the firm and over $10,000.00 overall in losses.

When I e-mailed and confronted him, directly, the response was, "This firm has not represented you since March of 2015.  Please see attached."  This came 2 months after arbitration began, and I was never informed of the motion/document.  The arbitration closed on June 9th, 2015 and the e-mail from David with the motion to withdraw came on 6/15/2015.  Not sure what kind of transparency Florida law has, but one would think a motion to withdraw as a lawyer would be informed to the client.

I should have filed a grievance against David and forced him to face the bar association.  Not reporting him and removing a lawyer that is a liability to firms and clients is my fault, as the time limit to report such things has passed.  Here seems to be my only means of recourse...  If you contract him as a lawyer, then expect him to run through the motions, but if your case is a difficult one, expect David to gladly take all your payments, for so long as it is convenient.

NOTE:  The e-mails all have the legal disclaimer at the bottom, so I am attaching the "Motion to withdraw", that I was never copied on, when it was filed, nor was I ever made aware of it, until long after the case had ended.  Everything stated has e-mail and documentation proof.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2018 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/david-constantino/st-petersburg-fl-33701/david-constantino-kel-lawfirm-lawyerasap-rahdert-amp-mortimer-pllc-kel-lawfirmlawyerasa-1451388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content