X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: David McDavid Used Cars - Irving Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Irving Texas
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • David McDavid Used Cars 3700 W.Airport Freeway Irving, Texas U.S.A.

David McDavid Used Cars sold a used truck that had been wrecked ripoff Irving Texas

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I am a disabled Viet-Nam Vet who stopped at David McDavid Used Cars, Irving, Texas on Fri. May 14th on the spur of the moment to just look at a truck on the lot. Before I knew it, I had driven the truck 2000 Ford 150 XLT, had signed, initialed all papers that I didn't even have time to read. The salesman, C. Michael King, probably homed in on the fact that I suffer from the effect from throat cancer (1995) and dementia really bad some days.

When I got home aroung 4pm My wife and I decided that I had made a big mistake, and I decided to take the truck back. So right back up to the dealership (3 Miles from the house), rescind the contract and get my trade in back!

Wrong!! They told me there was NO returning the truck that I had bought only a few hours ago.!!Tommy Chase, Finance Manager or some wanna be Exec. said "you bought it , you keep it.!!" My wife even phoned Mr. Chase when I returned home with the truck to ask why they would not take the truck back and Mr.Chase instantly became extremely rude and hung up on her.

Later, that evening while looking closer at the truck, we noticed a few signs that the truck might have been wrecked previously.

Saturday Morning around 9AM I took the truck to a local body shop and asked him if he thought the truck had been wrecked. He confirmed my suspicions and showed me even more evidence.

My wife immediately phoned Tommy Chase at the dealership and told him we definitely DID NOT intend to keep the truck because it had been wrecked previously and he said "SO WHAT, most of the cars and trucks on used lots have been wrecked." Needless to say, things went real sour fast and he hung up on her. We spoke to an attorney shortly after this and he advised us to take the truck, paper work, and all keys right back up to the dealership, with a witness, take pictures of them receiving all of this and take pictures of the truck parked outside.

Well, C.Michael King, the salesman, became very, very angry, said NO pictures would be taken and if we did not leave immediately he would call the Irving Police and have us escorted out!!!! We left the paperwork and keys on the desk and left immediately but we were able to take 2 pictures of the truck parked in front of the dealership. Friday night or early Saturday morning we probably would have been happy to take the truck back, tear up all contract paperwork and get our trade in truck back, but not any more.

We plan to sue the dealership for fraud and I'm sure my attorney will advise me of any further action we can and will pursue.Monday morning will be a new day and we'll see what happens. Stay tuned for more>>>

Mark
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2004 08:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/david-mcdavid-used-cars/irving-texas-75062/david-mcdavid-used-cars-sold-a-used-truck-that-had-been-wrecked-ripoff-irving-texas-91697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair