X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Dearborn Total Automotive - Dearborn Heights Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: JJ — Michigan United States of America
  • Dearborn Total Automotive Van Born Dearborn Heights, Michigan United States of America

Dearborn Total Automotive Very Unethical Dearborn Heights, Michigan

I took my car here to get some exhaust work done, when I was quoted a price of $150 to do the work.  I called 3 other shops and was given roughly the same quote from all three places.  I decided to get the work done here because it was a little closer then the other 3 shops that I had contacted.

When I went to pick up my vehicle, I was handed a bill for $211.  When I asked the reason for the discrepancy between the quote I was given and the actual price I was being charged, he said that he told me on the phone that it was going to cost $150 plus the price of parts...which was a LIE!!  If you get a price quote from this place, be sure to get it in writing, because they will quote you at one price, then charge you something completely different after the work is already completed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2010 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dearborn-total-automotive/dearborn-heights-michigan-/dearborn-total-automotive-very-unethical-dearborn-heights-michigan-637159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content