X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Dell Computers - Austin Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Buena Park California
  • Dell Computers Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Dell Computers Ripoff Austin Texas

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I contacted a Dell rep several months ago. I was frustrated with my Lexmark (cheap) printer function. I decided to buy a Dell since I was approved for credit. To make a long story short, I began having problems with the Dell printer, similar to the Lexmark problems. Then, I was tooling through Target, guess what I saw? It was my Dell A920 printer with a Lexmark logo on it. After some checking, I discovered that Dell got this printer from Lexmark. They buy a lot of stuff from other mfgs.

The problem is that I told this rep that I hated Lexmark printers and was never going to buy one of their products again. But, he sold me a Dell A920/Lexmark printer anyway. So after I complained to their management, I eventually got the printer "comped" to me with an big apology.

But one day shortly after receiving the printer,I ordered some ink. What I rec'd was half empty cartridges. I immediately complained to management and got two free cartridges (full ones this time).

They also offered me a 10% discount if I bought a new computer. This was for all the trouble they have caused me. So, I did. I bought their newly hyped great Dell Dimension 8400, Pent 4 3.0 Ghz 530HT tech. 800 FSB 1GB DDR2 memory 160 GB harddrive and a DVD/CD/RW driver.

As soon as it was set-up, I began getting low memory usage warnings, so I closed out unneed programs; msconfig, services.exe etc., but no results. Then it crashed on me when I tried to reload the MS XP. The info they claim was on the help disc was not there, so I had to try and improvise. That is when it crashed.

I am so pissed-off now that this computer is currently sitting in its box by my front door waiting for the call tag. This thing just came last week. What a "piece" of work this is?

Marco
Buena Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2004 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell-computers/austin-texas/dell-computers-ripoff-austin-texas-114201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair