X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Dell Corporation - Austin Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Mentor Ohio
  • Dell Corporation One Dell Way Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Dell Corporation ripoff defective products replaced by worse horrible customer service Austin Texas

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I have been purchasing dell computers for work (10K+ at a time) and for my personal & family use. The last business order had a defective computer in the bunch, still can't rectify this since November 2004. My last home purchase was an inspiron 600m laptop for my college daughter.

This complaint is regarding the Inspiron laptop. It was purchased in July of 2004, the hard drive crashed in Dec. 2004. We have spent countless hours with their "so-called" service techs, whom are not qualified to even handle the english language, let alone fix the problem. I have 2 separate case #'s, don't even know why they use them, since each new technician can't understand what was previously recorded.

After numerous attempts to re-install all programs, blah, blah, blah, hours that should have been spent by my daughter doing homework, and cell phone minutes that I should not have had to pay for, they finally sent out a new hard drive.

After more hours and more cell phone minutes and more calls with english language-challenged individuals, the "new" hard drive made the situation far worse, the computer was a mess of error boxes, no internet, a nightmare. This was due to a virus that was on the "new" refurbished hard drive. Another month goes by, I give up & purchase a NEW hard drive for $50+ less ($107 total)than they were going to charge me ($157 total)for the refurbished one if I did not send back the crashed one!

What a joke this company has turned into! After 3 months of headaches & expenses, I have learned & will spread the word to every living soul....DO NOT BUY DELL!!! You will regret it!

Anne
Mentor, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2005 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell-corporation/austin-texas/dell-corporation-ripoff-defective-products-replaced-by-worse-horrible-customer-service-aus-136114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair