Report: #302053

• Updated: Mon, January 21, 2008
  • Reported By: West Chicago Illinois
  • DELL

DELL 26" DELL HDTV Dallas, Texas Internet

Words of warning to those looking to purchase from Dell. Two years ago I purchased a Dell LCD HDTV. Having been a loyal Dell consumer for my past 2 PC's, I figured that the quality and service I had been accustomed to would be carried on to other product lines. The TV began with pixelation problems around 10 months after purchase, but by resetting the would be resolve the issue. Keep in mind, the TV has been marks, drop, anything of the sort.

When this issue became permanent....I immediately called Dell for assistance, and was simple told it was out of warranty and they could not help. 2 years and $1000 later...I am stuck with a broken TV, and they won't even offer assistance to help me fix it! They said they use an outside source to the TV's.

I called him and he even bad mouthed Dell saying they were bad quality and he wasn't even sure who manufactured the TV due to numerous sources used when Dell made them under their brand. Strangely enough...Dell has removed most of their brand name TV's from their website. Shame on them for not standing by their product. I will never buy another Dell product again.

West Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2008 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content