X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Denture By Design - Indianapolis & Franklin Indiana

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Coatesville Indiana
  • Denture By Design 6433 East Washington Street Indianapolis & Franklin, Indiana U.S.A.

Denture By Design Simply they lied to me. They gave me a price on a denture, I put money down, came back and they more than trippled the price on me. Will not return the money I already put down. Indianapolis Indiana

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
This is the letter that I wrote that will explain everything: I wanted to respond to you in writing about my obvious disappointment in your practice and the treatment of me as your patient. I do not appreciate being lied to nor will you take advantage of me.
Last fall I came in with a cracked tooth on my upper denture. Ken and Missy waited on me and filed down my upper denture. At that time we discussed a new upper for a "back-up" if anything was to ever happen, I would never have to go without my smile. Ken offered me an upper for $500.00. I agreed and I put almost $300.00 down and told you I would make an appointment after the first of the year.

A couple of days after my appointment, Dr. Rosenstein called me at work saying that he was no longer at Denture by Design and that he would match whatever Ken had offered to me to stay with him as his patient. I called Vickie at Denture by Design, and she told me that Ken would be doing the work regardless if I went with Dr. Rosenstein or not, so I decided to remain seeing Ken and Denture by Design because of the way Dr. Rosenstein seemed very unprofessional in his conversation with me about his decision to no longer work for them and their "deceit."

I finally was able to come back last week, August 9th, 2007 to continue forward in making my "back-up" upper. To much surprise to me, Dr. Rosenstein walked into the room and prepared to start treating me and preparing to start the awful process of the impressions. I was very upset for this procedure, so I waited to say anything about Dr. Rosenstein being there to do the procedure.
After the procedure, we talked about also doing a lower partial in the flexible plastic do to the comfort and better for my teeth that remained. I was immediately concerned about cost and asked about pricing.

During that conversation, it became apparent that there was a mistake because the price of my upper had tripled in cost and Dr. Rosenstein offered both upper and lower for approximately $2,300.00! He then said just the upper, I would have a balance of $803.00 and that included the $298.00 that I already put a deposit on. Something was very, very wrong. Ken joined into the conversation and scratched out the two thousand amount and put $1,045.00 for both minus my $298.00, which would leave an approximate balance of $745.00. This I could do!

I was then moved into another room and Dr. Rosenstein proceeded to tell me that he could not do an upper for $500.00 and I was miss-quoted for a re-alignment. Never was a re-alignment discussed ever, I do not even know what that is, and I told both of them that. Why would I put myself through those awful impressions if I was only thinking about getting a "re-alignment?" This is so very wrong! How can you Dr. Rosenstein have over $1,000.00 difference in what Ken was telling me?

This is not fair or good practice for your profession. I will consider Ken making both my upper and my flexible plastic lower partial for $1,045.00 MINUS the previous payment I made last fall. This is the only thing I will accept.

If this is not acceptable to you, I want my complete refund and I will be contacting "Call 6" Channel 6 News, the Better Business Bureau, Angie's List and the American Dental Association. I would not want anyone else to go through this experience and unprofessionalism that I have experienced with your business. If you decide to honor your agreement to me, I will pay the balance of both, and you will never hear from me again.

The decision is yours. I will not be taken advantage of by you or your Denture by Design "team."
I expect to hear from you on your decision in five (5) business days, August 17th by no later than 1:00 p.m. If I do not hear from you, I will take this as a sign that you have no intentions in honoring your agreement and that you no longer value me as a patient and you will be hearing from me in a less than desirable fashion for your practice.
***

Today is September 11, 2007 and I have still not received my deposit back and I still do not have a resolution of this at all. I have called many, many times. Please help!

Susan
Coatesville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/denture-by-design/indianapolis-franklin-indiana-46219/denture-by-design-simply-they-lied-to-me-they-gave-me-a-price-on-a-denture-i-put-money-273904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair