X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Direct Computers - North Myrtle Beach South Carolina

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Amanda G. — North Myrtle Beach South Carolina United States of America
  • Direct Computers 118 Hwy 17 South North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina United States of America

Direct Computers North Myrtle Beach Computers Ripped Off & Scammed! North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

I took my sons xbox 360 elite in to be repaired. Two days later they said they had a refurbished xbox for me. I paid a $179 plus taxes. Questioned that it looked older & was not the same model. The owner had an excuse. A week later we tried to hook up the xbox 360 and it went on for a few seconds then the screen went blue and a red ring was showing around the power button. I took it back that night. I was almost glad it didn't work because it had a homemade disc in the xbox that said hot chics writen on disc in Spanish. He tried to say he tested before i got it but then he said the factory left the disc in it. He took it back and said he'd fix it. I got it a few days later he said it had an over heating code on it. Funny since we hadn't even played it.

We got the refurbished xbox 360 back for a second time. It still didn't work. We took back 2 weeks later just because it was Christmas we were out of town and busy. Again the guy tried to say it was us. I asked for my money back and he said that'll never happen and cussed us out in front of my 11 year old son.

We called cops but they said it was a civil matter. I see he has complaints all over the Internet and F rating with BBB. I feel so bad I have 2 broken xbox's and out of money to get my son a new one to go with his kinect he got for Christmas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2011 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-computers/north-myrtle-beach-south-carolina-29582/direct-computers-north-myrtle-beach-computers-ripped-off-scammed-north-myrtle-beach-so-677476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair