X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Direct Finance Company, North American Maine Finance Consultants, SunCorp Insurance - South Portland Maine

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lexington Oklahoma
  • Direct Finance Company, North American Maine Finance Consultants, SunCorp Insurance 650 Main Street South Portland, Maine U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-477-1334
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Direct Finance Company, North American Maine Finance Consultants, SunCorp Insurance Scam, Phone Contact till they get your money, and you get nothing!! ripoff South Portland Maine

*Consumer Suggestion: Western Union

Called on ad in paper. Representative called me next day, walked me though phone application for loan.

Next day another representative, Donna Taylor w/ North American Maine Finance Consultants called and said that I was approved for a 50,000.00 mortgage loan.

She stated that I had to pay 1200.00 insurance fee to SunCorp Insurance to secure the loan, through Western Union to receiver: Scott Mallory, Toronto, Ontario.

Ms Taylor faxed all paperwork to my bank for me to pick up and sign to send back with proper identification... Copy of drivers license, and Social Security Card for me and my husband.

Ms Taylor stated that as soon as she received all documentation and my money had been sent via Western Union to call back with a confirmation number and my money would be wired into my bank account between the hours of midnight and six A.M. the next day.

Western Union picked up within hours of my sending it. I have received nothing, no money, and haven't been able to make any phone contact with any of the companies involved since sending my money.

Beware! I closely inspected all documents when I received them, everything looks very legitament and legal. All representatives seem very professional and helpful.

Teresa
Lexington, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2004 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/direct-finance-company-north-american-maine-finance-consultants-suncorp-insurance/south-portland-maine-04106/direct-finance-company-north-american-maine-finance-consultants-suncorp-insurance-scam-92842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Western Union

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, March 17, 2006
As soon as I got to the part of your report where they wanted the money via Western Union, my red flags went up. Then I saw, not only was it via Western Union, but it was sent out of the country!

It's simple: Unless you know them personally, think family or long-time friend, don't send Western Union. Send a check, use your credit card, at least then you can dispute the charge. When you send money via Western Union, it is gone, and you are left with nothing.

I repeat: LEGIT BUSINESSES DON'T USE WESTERN UNION.